Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All geared up: my all-seasons all-purpose T6 Ocean interior & organisation :

Hi Lars, I found them again! Even in nuclear pink :(:

Oh, cool! They must have reappeared! I will have to make a trip to IKEA this week, even though I won't get my Cali for another few months...

Thanks!

I have the video footage all downloaded and Im going through and cataloguing the shots. The quality looks pretty good so it should be good to see how its done although I dont know yet it we missed much or if its all useable. :) I have started editing this week so time will tell :)

I have the video footage all downloaded and Im going through and cataloguing the shots. The quality looks pretty good so it should be good to see how its done although I dont know yet it we missed much or if its all useable. :) I have started editing this week so time will tell :)

Don't worry mate, you can always pixel or dub me in Mandarin in case you're missing some clues. :D
If you might need some more stills, like from what got added since then, just whisper.:thumb
Working on an outdoors toilet/shower concept for the moment, based on a bike rack structure.
Keeps the mind alive... ;)

Yes sounds good stills may be a good idea. I could use a nice still of your van from the outside too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some great ideas there Auberg-ine, thanks. One question have you ever checked the weight of your fully loaded Cali?

Some great ideas there Auberg-ine, thanks. One question have you ever checked the weight of your fully loaded Cali?

She just hangs low after the brewery visit. Serious, most stuff is very light, fabric, plastic, carbon, ... only the bbq, the RidgeMonkey and some dishes and glasses take some extra weight. Ok, and the books. :embarrased Just that now when I want to introduce sth new, sth else has to go.
It’s hard.... ;)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Last edited:
...is it a lounge? Sure it is! Why otherwise did they put this smokey glass in?
Ledfyr (2,5€, Ikea, what else?) ;) + water balloons for dimmed color,

IMG_3231.jpgIMG_E3236.jpg + Miles Davis, Kind of Blue :cool:

Last edited:
Even while living a nice Indian Summer here these days, I already started preparing for winter. That period when you don't feel like hanging out the tailgate tent to shower :Nailbiting
And so my new rails and hooks, and storage box come in very handy again. The existing velcro loops and eyelets of the tent are just fitting to hang the whole thing on the rails and the grip of the roof cabinet.
I also bought a new pressure sprayer, which I can fill with hot water and use as a shower nozzle.
This way you can even take a shower in 'stealth' mode without having to raise the roof, so while sitting on the bench.
Afterwards I just need to simply push the whole thing back into the box, clip the lid back on, and done.
Oh, and yes, it's fitting for 2 persons.:talktothehand

View attachment 38088 View attachment 38089 View attachment 38090
View attachment 38238 View attachment 38237
I love the book shelf!

I totally agree about 'justify the space it takes up'. Therefore my selection criteria is that each item should at least have two functions. Blanket=fleece=curtain=pick-nick, stool=footrest=table=container, folding stools and towels serve as headrest for calichair, herbs basket=colander, glasses serve for beer, wine ànd tea, coat hanger= dry rack, curvers serve for muddy stuff, washing and as step, toilet bucket serves also to get water out of the river, etc...
I admit I have the Swiss knife syndrome. You should know that I suffer from loosing the integrated toothpick in them :embarrased
Tell me, besides the books, plants and fishing gear, what you would take out?
The wife

... and is it an office? It had to (the van becomes 100% deductible as mobile site workstation)! Provided proof for my tax department:
Auberg-ine office.jpg Auberg-ine office 2.jpg

Drawing board, scanner and sketch-paint material are stored in the roof cabinet. I use both lateral rails to hang the Skådis pockets, containers, shelves, sketch paper roll, clips and magnets.
(Bluetooth speaker between handle)
All these items are afterwards stored in one of the boxes at the bed shelf.

Last edited:
Breakfast in bed. The Outwell sleeping bag continues into the meadows. Cloths boxes move from the bed shelf to the kitchen. The Skubb boxes with the kettle, tea and glasses can just slide out of the cupboard.
IMG_3344.jpg Auberg-in breakfast in bed 2.jpg

Last edited:
Days turn shorter, leaves are falling, Wine&Cheese evenings ask for candle light.
Ikea Ljusande (3€): realistically flickering LED-flame, not polluting.
When alone it sometimes happens that I don't finish the full bottle :embarrased, so need to transport it straight.

IMG_E3442.jpg

Last edited:
That's a neat litte DIY trick for the bottles. Did you post any pictures of that? I can't seem to find it.

That's a neat litte DIY trick for the bottles. Did you post any pictures of that? I can't seem to find it.
Thx, but how do you know it's a neat DIY trick if you can't see the added picture under the text?:)

I was referring to the bottle holder. Is it attached to the blind?

I was referring to the bottle holder. Is it attached to the blind?
Oh, ok, Yes, I removed the blind from behind the wardrobe, drilled 4 holes in the side of the niche, and put an elastic through it and made two knots at the side of the wardrobe. Done in 10 minutes. I mostly use it as a newspaper rack.

IMG_E1429 (1).jpg

Well look at that :)
Thanks, it generally slides forward while breaking anyways (over time) so that's a good utility for it.

Oh, ok, Yes, I removed the blind from behind the wardrobe, drilled 4 holes in the side of the niche, and put an elastic through it and made two knots at the side of the wardrobe. Done in 10 minutes. I mostly use it as a newspaper rack.

View attachment 39036
Auberg-ine you need to put down the drill, you’re going to hurt somebody!!.... only joking but it would be a fun fact if you tell us how many additional holes your Cali has compared to standard?:)

Auberg-ine you need to put down the drill, you’re going to hurt somebody!!.... only joking but it would be a fun fact if you tell us how many additional holes your Cali has compared to standard?:)

Haha, noo, only 28 till now.:Grin And not one I regret! They brought me quite some comfort. As did also the meters of velcro and elastics I used.
Just be careful when drilling into the lower ceiling. In preparation for this I first glued some rubber 'patches' (which I first perforated) at the ceiling, to avoid the drill tearing the fabric.

Hey, our cars can take some punches, don't be scared to customize! ;-)

Aubergine Kuifje.jpg

Last edited:
Since I limo-tinted my windows I hardly ever use the blinds. I prefer to be able to see what's happening around me at night. The transparent 'cockpit' I used to close off with a blanket.
But now with my new DIY mesh screen (106x50cm) I can also check the front of the car while keeping my privacy, day or nighttime. When not used it's stored at the right rail.
(edit: I tested the set-up in the middle of the city. I had my laptop on at the table and you couldn't see a thing from outside. The screen is made out of a double-layered mosquito mesh, which creates a 'Moiré effect', difficult to see through from out, but still very well transparent from the inside. Check the difference between the first rail container and the ones just behind the screen)

IMG_E3485.jpg IMG_E3486kopie.jpg IMG_E3491.jpg IMG_E3487.jpg

Edit: Just thinking I also might hang the screen outside, from the left roof rail, as a sun protector for the fridge in summer.

Last edited:
... and finally: The Auberge - Inn in full full-service! ;)

Auberg-ine dash1.jpg

In fact, I only still miss 2 things:
If somebody could find me the person here in Belgium who could change my 'massage'-button joke into a real simple switch to get my audio from mains to leisure, I would be so grateful.
Also interested in Loz's Autowatch Ghost system; must be the time of the year. :Stig
@bxl_lad, Ik zie je nogal handig in die zaken. Je voelt je toevallig niet geroepen? ;)

Last edited:
Back