Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All geared up: my all-seasons all-purpose T6 Ocean interior & organisation :

Lol. None taken, Westfalia.

I’m actually pretty handy with a drill. I’m thinking if the trim you’re drilling through is thin it may need cavity rawl plugs.
You just need to drill a pilot hole, 1.5 or 2mm drill bit and don´t
go in too deep, unless you know that there's nothing but an open
space behind whatever your drilling.

...just drilled the fire extinguisher frame into the plastic trim Elly. They're indeed workhorses; they really can stand a piercing or two. :embarrased
I personally find it a too handy spot to be occupied by something as rarely 'used'. I hang the extinguisher in front of the front seat. But probably the Italian horse has already a bookshelf there.;)
I do plan to add an extra spray at the booth, right side above the light switch, for when BBQ-ing at my outdoors-kitchen (post 97)
Yes, I was thinking our crocs and slippers would best suit that spot by the door. I have a plastic box (bottom of an old paper shredder) that can go there but it's longer than your lantern/basket and slips out. I was wondering how I could secure it. I'll try your elastic solution and may fold one of the dog's towels small to add support from the step to the underside of the box.

We've taken inspiration from Auberg-ine too. We bought some fablon and have done both tables and our Briwy shelf to match. Took about 4 hours to take the time to do a nice job of it, but we love it!

View attachment 36102

View attachment 36103
Hi Heiney.

Did you stick it, then cut it? Or cut it first, then stick?

I got a similar pattern to yours, but a little darker, with more colours. I'm intending to do the fridge, cooker and sink tops too. Well, that's the plan.

Hi Heiney.

Did you stick it, then cut it? Or cut it first, then stick?

I got a similar pattern to yours, but a little darker, with more colours. I'm intending to do the fridge, cooker and sink tops too. Well, that's the plan.
Best to first cut roughly the outer size of the table, properly degrease the table surface, position the sticker (temporary fix it with some scotch on one side), peel off the back, stick your print (like you would do with a bandaid), swipe all the air bubbles out with a flat plastic pallet , trace the border between table surface and aluminum profile with your fingernail, and then cut it with a small Stanley. This way you never touched the border with your fingers, and so it sticks perfectly; vital to keep it waterproof.

Found this nice Outwell 20l double function container/collapsible bowl in the sales corner. Handy to fill the water tank or to do a little outdoors wash. And not taking any space at all, being used to store food in the bench drawer.:happy

IMG_E4454.jpg IMG_E4453.jpg

edit: just figured out that you don't need an extra bucket to bring the water from container to bowl. You just have to fold it the other way around. :talktothehand

Last edited:
Anything 'in the pockets’? :talktothehand
A bit of strategic planning and puzzling makes for a rattle-free and relaxing voyage!:

Front Part:

Bonnet storage: see post 72; Sun blind CD/DVD storage: see post 170

IMG_E4537 (1).jpg Dash bergingen.jpg IMG_E4517.jpg

Driver’s door: DIY-post-it pad, window cleaner, anti-frost spray,…
Dash (with min. storage for max. flexibility): 2-way spirit level, flower pipette, parking disk/frost scraper/trolley coin combi, DIY I-phone docking station, electric shaver,…
Passenger door: seat protector sleeves, plastic gloves,…

IMG_E4591.jpg Under passenger seat: booster, magnetic frost blanket, First-aid,…

Brandrup seat pockets:
IMG_E4516.jpg IMG_E4515.jpg
Pocket 1: reachable for driver, Pocket 2: heater command unit reachable from rooftop bed

IMG_E4512.jpg IMG_4522.jpg IMG_E4527.jpg
Pocket 3: stuff (see also ceiling storage pots in wardrobe; post 64), Pocket 4: pens
Pocket 5: office equipment; reachable when seat is in reversed mode

IMG_E4544.jpg
Pocket 6: books, Papillote cooking bags

Last edited:
Middle Part:

IMG_E4550.jpg IMG_E4529.jpg

Front cabinet: always reachable, therefore all food&plates stored in here.
LED lights fixed under drawer helps to light lower compartments. Mixing Ikea Skubb and Kuggis boxes avoids rattling.
Top shelf: 3 small Kuggis + cookies box + Salt&Pepper= perfect fit.
Bottom shelf: 2 big Kuggis+ small square Skubb + oil, vinegar and detergent dispensers+ Stugvik + soy&oil&vinegars ‘travel beauty kit’=perfect fit

Rear cabinet:
IMG_E4554.jpg IMG_E4552.jpg IMG_E4556.jpg
Top shelf (reachable when in bed position), therefore coffee&tea, cups, mugs, chocolates&biscuits stored in here.
Rectangular Skubb inside big square Skubb + RidgeMonkey in Ikea xxx box = perfect fit. Cooking set (pan, pot, kettle), expresso maker, filter coffee,...
Bottom shelf: reserve of drinks,…in 2 closed rectangular Skubb boxes.

Bench drawers:
IMG_E4563 (1).jpg
Small drawer: hygiene (wet towels, pee-bottle, CareBags for Luggable-Loo, air-refresher,…)
Large drawer: Iso-thermical bags, 2x small square Skubb (cleaning and cocktail) + 1x big Skubb (aluminum paper, sink bowl, petanque ball set ) = perfect fit. Extra long frost scraper. Wine cellar.

Roof cabinet:
IMG_E4562.jpg
Drawing equipment:
Drawing board, pastels, aquarel, I-pad, …, just fitting in cabinet compartments

Roof storage net: shirts bag, socks&slips bag
Wardrobe: suit travel bag, sweaters, jogging, coath/towels packing bags, board games, hammocks, ...see post 48
Fridge: see post 106

Last edited:
Rear Part:

3 folding boxes with folding shopping baskets, rain suit, frisbee, ...
Storage cabinet (Ikea rectangular Skubb):
IMG_E4574.jpg IMG_E4579.jpg IMG_E4580.jpg IMG_E4578.jpg
Shelf 1 (funnel,…)
Shelf 2 (with Ikea Sunnersta)
Shelf 3 (tools,…)

Booth:
IMG_E4589.jpg IMG_E4588.jpg
IMG_E4584.jpg IMG_E4586.jpg
2person sleeping-bag (reachable from the inside while installing the bed).
Relax chairs, Pick-nic blanket, Fiamma leveling ramps + tire grip mats, bucket+bowl/container+curver box, Outwell Baffin tabletops, shower tent, large storage curver/bench (with ‘mud’ container, boots, pebble shoes, BBQ, charcoal, …).

Last edited:
I enlarged my office/kitchen installation with some, yes, Ikea! :embarrased
Reused my favorite Lillången hooks, opened again a bottle for its plastic cork, and spent another smashing...8€! (Sunnersta series).

View attachment 37720 View attachment 37864

It takes some 30 seconds to mount/dismount and store it all in the small bench drawer.
Hi Aubergine. Was looking again at the photo here on the right. You have a white hook stuck horizontally, facing down and back. Intrigued to know what it’s holding.

Hi Aubergine. Was looking again at the photo here on the right. You have a white hook stuck horizontally, facing down and back. Intrigued to know what it’s holding.
Wow, you do look at them véry attentively Elly! :happy
It's a remainder of my experimental day's ;) At that moment I still used the window blinds and my Betsy blanket (to close off the view from the front). The blanket was hung with clamps at the roof shutter and on both corners at these hooks. It was cozy, but I just found it too 'hermetic'. So afterward I added the limo tint and made me the double layered mosquito mesh screen, rolled and stored above the sliding door.
Keep zooming in, surely you'll discover the hidden messages! ;)

Wow, you do look at them véry attentively Elly! :happy
It's a remainder of my experimental day's ;) At that moment I still used the window blinds and my Betsy blanket (to close off the view from the front). The blanket was hung with clamps at the roof shutter and on both corners at these hooks. It was cozy, but I just found it too 'hermetic'. So afterward I added the limo tint and made me the double layered mosquito mesh screen, rolled and stored above the sliding door.
Keep zooming in, surely you'll discover the hidden messages! ;)
Hi Aubergine.

I have a very curious nature.

At first I thought the hook was something to do with the Ikea Sunnester arrangement. Then realised it wasn’t.

I’m hoping the 3d printed hooks being made will be ready for testing soon, I have the items, just need a way to hang them.

... in the meantime, while cruising through sunny Spain, I often got disturbed by not being able to see the GPS info (glare, reflexion, finger traces). So I made me this sunscreen on the spot, made out of one of my plastic folders. Can be inclined as much as needed, while radio button still stays accessible.
View attachment 36104

I made one of these out off stiff card and sprayed it matt black, but I like yours better - I'm off to make one. It is a shame Kenwood don't make the screen swivel, like aircraft TV screens.

Ah, yes, there was still something missing: a pitch sign.
Weatherproof printed on Polycarbonate-board 30x30cm; 16€, and standard for 3€.

IMG_4696.jpg Auberg-ine pitch board.jpg

That’s neat! Is this an issue in Europe with stolen spots or is it just a gimmick? Never seen one in use here in Sweden.

That’s neat! Is this an issue in Europe with stolen spots or is it just a gimmick? Never seen one in use here in Sweden.
Hi BC1, if occasionally I go on a campsite I never use the established organized ones and more the 'seasonal' meadows where the pitches are not numbered (first come/first choice), and the farmer comes to 'harvest' his rents at the end of the day. it happened that I was so happy with my spot that I did not dare to move to go on a local excursion. So I wanted to try if this sign might do the trick.
And also to complete the 'all geared' credo of course ;)

Aubergine.
I think you take to much stuff.
Ever heard of something called minimalism...???
Have a google;)

Hi BC1, if occasionally I go on a campsite I never use the established organized ones and more the 'seasonal' meadows where the pitches are not numbered (first come/first choice), and the farmer comes to 'harvest' his rents at the end of the day. it happened that I was so happy with my spot that I did not dare to move to go on a local excursion. So I wanted to try if this sign might do the trick.
And also to complete the 'all geared' credo of course ;)

Hi @Auberg-ine --- how do you find these seasonal meadows please? Is there a website / searchable database or are these more likely seen on side of road as you drive along / local knowledge?

Thanks....

Aubergine.
I think you take to much stuff.
Ever heard of something called minimalism...???
Have a google;)
I live daily in minimalism, and so the van is complementary, maximalism. As said before, my Cali is my enlarged Swiss knife dream. So those of you who carry at this very moment some scissors in their pockets will understand me.
The pitch board is 5mm thick and weighs some 50 grams. Even if I might use it only once a year, how happy it will make me! :embarrased

(Edit: in fact, only yesterday I used half of my toolbox, to help a friend in my boat dock. It was the first time I used my rope-saw, and it was just exactly what we needed. So there you go ;) )

Last edited:
Hi @Auberg-ine --- how do you find these seasonal meadows please? Is there a website / searchable database or are these more likely seen on side of road as you drive along / local knowledge?

Thanks....
I start from the idea that if it's on a website it might be busy. I just drive towards nice sceneries, country roads, uphill, looking for open views, preferably sunset orientated and/or with a lake or sea. If I find a spot where I feel at ease/good vibes I install, if I hesitate I just stay low profile (not opening the roof). Sometimes it happens that I end up by accident in one of those fields, especially after harvest season, where the farmer gets an extra income from renting it to tourists. A bit improvised and without sanitary blocks or electricity, the way I like camping.

IMG_2347.jpg IMG_2410.jpg IMG_2431.jpg

Last edited:
You do have some nice ideas

Thank you for sharing all your ideas. I think it is minimalism , ie utilizing a small space at best.
(another hint: I once parked at the back of a golf course. After hours these huge fields are completely abandoned. Never had such chique pitch! And in summer they offer great shower opportunities! :D

IMG_2344.jpg

I start from the idea that if it's on a website it might be busy. I just drive towards nice sceneries, country roads, uphill, looking for open views, preferably sunset orientated and/or with a lake or sea. If I find a spot where I feel at ease/good vibes I install, if I hesitate I just stay low profile (not opening the roof). Sometimes it happens that I end up by accident in one of those fields, especially after harvest season, where the farmer gets an extra income from renting it to tourists. A bit improvised and without sanitary blocks or electricity, the way I like camping.
View attachment 42930View attachment 42931 View attachment 42932

I like your wife’s knees :D

Back