Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All season tyres

D

DuncanP

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
what tyres are factory fit on 17inch wheel 4 motion when ordered as all season please

Crappy Bridgestone 005 Turanza's
I believe it is bridgestone A005 weather control

have good specs according to label but unfortunately prone to damage and flat tires
recently new model A006 don’t know if VW uses this already, A005 on my cali in 2022.

Anyone used the Hankook Vantra ST AS2 all season van tyres that seem to being supplied from the factory now on some vans? Any good?

I have them on my 2024 Ocean they have more sipes than the Michelin CC and are based on standard pattern. Sipes give good traction in snow but can give handling issues in hotter weather. Always difficult to judge but I will be putting Michelins on when they wear out. Hankooks factory fit on my Tiguan had to be replaced early for sidewall cracking so not a big fan...

I believe it is bridgestone A005 weather control

have good specs according to label but unfortunately prone to damage and flat tires
recently new model A006 don’t know if VW uses this already, A005 on my cali in 2022.
Yes I have the Bridgestone A005 on my 4M.

I’ve just collected my new T6.1 from Holland and it came fitted with Continental VanContact 4 season 215/60 R17

Whatever mine are on my new Beach (Bridgestone I think) the tread is just wide enough to collect stones. I don’t remember having this problem with the Michelins I used to have on my old mondes which was an awesome snow machine….!

Whatever mine are on my new Beach (Bridgestone I think) the tread is just wide enough to collect stones. I don’t remember having this problem with the Michelins I used to have on my old mondes which was an awesome snow machine….!
This my biggest knock against these tyres too. Plus the side wall seems particularly soft.