Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4 Season Tyres

Steven Birbeck

Steven Birbeck

Little Blue
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi Im looking at replacing the tyres on my Ocean with 4 Season tyres I have read on hear about Mitchelin Vector 4 Season tyres and they seam to be what Im looking for however on searching for these tyres on line I cannot find a company that recommends them for my van not sure if its to do with the weight of the van.Any help would be greatly appreciated as Im quite confused Cheers Steve

The Vectors are from Goodyear. Michelin do the Cross Cimate. Lots of posts on all seasons tyres which are worth reading. I have the Michelins and got them from Black Circles. Make sure you choose the extra load version. I have the 235 55 17 with a load rating of 103 so perfectly safe for the Cali. I am not sure what you mean by the tyre companies not recommending them for your Ocean. I just chose and ordered the size recommended on the label by the drivers door.

Hi Im looking at replacing the tyres on my Ocean with 4 Season tyres I have read on hear about Mitchelin Vector 4 Season tyres and they seam to be what Im looking for however on searching for these tyres on line I cannot find a company that recommends them for my van not sure if its to do with the weight of the van.Any help would be greatly appreciated as Im quite confused Cheers Steve

Someone will correct me if I’m wrong Steve but if your going for the Goodyear All Season ones you can pick from the Goodyear four season vector gen 2 or the Goodyear Cargo Vector.

You then have to decide on the size depending on your wheel size.

For me that’s 17” as that’s the smallest that fits my Cali.
That then gives me two choices, as already stated on sticker on the inside of B Pillar.
235/55/17
Or 215/60/17

Next up is the load rating and for me that’s 103

Last bit is speed rating. For me probably V

It all depends on your use.

Below is an example

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/r...rd&Label=C-B-69-1&details=Ordern&typ=R-238842

There are loads of threads on the issue

On many sites you can put in your reg no or vehicle spec.

Mike

Someone will correct me if I’m wrong Steve but if your going for the Goodyear All Season ones you can pick from the Goodyear four season vector gen 2 or the Goodyear Cargo Vector.

You then have to decide on the size depending on your wheel size.

For me that’s 17” as that’s the smallest that fits my Cali.
That then gives me two choices, as already stated on sticker on the inside of B Pillar.
235/55/17
Or 215/60/17

Next up is the load rating and for me that’s 103

Last bit is speed rating. For me probably V

It all depends on your use.

Below is an example

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/r...rd&Label=C-B-69-1&details=Ordern&typ=R-238842

There are loads of threads on the issue

On many sites you can put in your reg no or vehicle spec.

Mike
Hi Thanks for the info guys

A101BBF2-8AFC-460F-84A8-87A9308F5550.jpeg 41166251-6E0E-434B-A133-5AD4F46E4A66.jpeg
I had Goodyear Cargo vectors supplied by VW on my new Ocean, they worked well in the Alps for two months this winter.

Are you happy with Michelin crossclimate?
I got + version last year and they are barely legal with 4,5mm after just 9k km. Keeping them for this winter and throwing away.
Came at 6mm as new and I consider em crap with that wear.

We put Bridgestone weather control tyres on today. They have a good rating but let’s see how they perform in practice.

Are you happy with Michelin crossclimate?
I got + version last year and they are barely legal with 4,5mm after just 9k km. Keeping them for this winter and throwing away.
Came at 6mm as new and I consider em crap with that wear.
Just changed my Cross Climate´s for another set after 30,000 miles. Tread depth between 3.8-4 mm all round.

How deep is the tread on new ones? I cant believe driving 30k miles on 2mm of rubber

How deep is the tread on new ones? I cant believe driving 30k miles on 2mm of rubber
8mm according to my Tread Gauge.
Tyres put on at 60,065 miles and new set at 89,890 miles. OK not quit 30,000 miles. But then the brake pads changed at 90%wear after 77,000 miles also. Tyres run at 44psi all round.
These are the SUV version 235, 55, 17", 103, H

Back