Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ALPINE ADVENTURE SPC-D84AT6 UPGRADE - Rear Speakers no longer working

K

kladski

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi there, recently had the Alpine upgrade fitted on my T6.1 Beach, but the rear speakers are no longer working and they are no longer showing up on the speaker position screen? just balance (left and right) and not fader (front and back)
Anyone else had this? Is there a fix? Sounds great coming through new front speakers (with sub under seat) but seems a shame to have lost use of the stock rear speakers which are obviously still there.

Hi there, recently had the Alpine upgrade fitted on my T6.1 Beach, but the rear speakers are no longer working and they are no longer showing up on the speaker position screen? just balance (left and right) and not fader (front and back)
Anyone else had this? Is there a fix? Sounds great coming through new front speakers (with sub under seat) but seems a shame to have lost use of the stock rear speakers which are obviously still there.
Have you asked whoever fitted the system?

Have you asked whoever fitted the system?
Yes of course, they seem a bit perplexed but will look into it tomorrow. I just wanted to see if it was a common occurrence

the Alpine kit does not have speaker load simulator built in, so the head unit sees it as a fault and has switched off the rears plus fader function

I thought I had the same problem.
I checked with Alpine directly and they told me that whilst the amp is advertised as 4 channel, in reality very very little current goes to the rear speakers. If you put your ear to the rears you may hear something very faint.
I got my installer to re-connect my rears to the head unit whilst keeping the fronts with the amp now all working perfectly.
B

Back