Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Also cheating, like Dave...

Quentin SF

Quentin SF

Vehicle
Just browsing
Well, like @DAVE54 , I too am finally about to become a van owner, after months of stalking these pages.

We had great fun in a rented Ocean, drove some distance to consider a Beach, but in the end decided that the Bilbo's Nexa was the layout for us, and bought this: http://www.bilbos.com/new-used-stock/vw-t5-lwb-nexa-po4581/ . Should be able to pick it up in a couple of weeks, and we're very excited :)

It's not a Cali, but it is at least a VW, and I'm very grateful for all the helpful advice and cheery discussions in this group, so I too may be hanging around a bit, and may even make it to a meet up, where you can all poke fun at me.

"What, a LWB, and you still don't have a boot?" :)

Welcome to the forum I can see why you chose a Bilbo conversion they are well thought of and do hold their price well.

Welcome, agree with @parrot2, and there a few things for us Cali owners to be envious of there! :thumb

Welcome Bilbo is a good choice of van nearly got one myself we should be converting our generation six soon had three California's before this one decided to have a change :thumb

We had a Bilbo’s Celex for 6 years. Didn’t miss a beat. Well made conversions- you’ll love it!

Welcome Quentin SF
Look forward to see some pictures!
As said before: it‘s about the idea not the car...

Nice van. Go and enjoy your new purchase. Some great adventures ahead :thumb

Thanks all - the key attraction for us of this layout was (a) being able to move throughout the van even when the beds were down and (b) not having to cook sitting down. We shall see whether we can also find space for all the stuff we need!

We pick it up on Thurs, all being well. Will try to post some pictures!

All the best,
Quentin

A few pictures of our LWB Nexa, as promised, after our first night away in it...

0E19F69C-2A9A-45AA-A51E-0592A70066AB.jpeg

Rose likes standing up while cooking.

08950E14-9EAA-4BFD-BE52-39ED9F038DE5.jpeg

The back seats combine with the front ones to make to single beds. You can still walk from the front to the back of the van, and out through the tailgate, when the beds are down,

FB4752E4-1675-4480-9388-5898B7695B05.jpeg

All good so far!

Quentin

3A01606B-A09C-45C7-8097-433D0174BF6F.jpeg

A few pictures of our LWB Nexa, as promised, after our first night away in it...

View attachment 33148

Rose likes standing up while cooking.

View attachment 33146

The back seats combine with the front ones to make to single beds. You can still walk from the front to the back of the van, and out through the tailgate, when the beds are down,

View attachment 33145

All good so far!

Quentin

View attachment 33147

Looks great and is nice to see some other ideas about the roof