Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alternative to Comfort Mattress

Do any of the aftermarket matresses fold as neatly as the VW comfort matress?
We tend to sleep upstairs with the Duvalay made to fit on top of the original mattress. The Duvalay then folds in 3 quite neatly into the back space. Just as a matter of interest, has anyone tried dispensing with the VW upstairs mattress and leaving a 5cm alternative (such as the Duvalay) up top when they put the roof down? Does that work, and if so how was the Duvalay on its own up top?

We tend to sleep upstairs with the Duvalay made to fit on top of the original mattress. The Duvalay then folds in 3 quite neatly into the back space. Just as a matter of interest, has anyone tried dispensing with the VW upstairs mattress and leaving a 5cm alternative (such as the Duvalay) up top when they put the roof down? Does that work, and if so how was the Duvalay on its own up top?
Probably will only be the grandkids upstairs, but thought the original upstairs mattress with the froli springs underneath was meant to be pretty good as is? Do correct me if that isn't the case.

original upstairs mattress with the froli springs underneath was meant to be pretty good as is? Do correct me if that isn't the case.
Its excellent. I wouldn't put anything thicker up there and close the poptop.

Probably will only be the grandkids upstairs, but thought the original upstairs mattress with the froli springs underneath was meant to be pretty good as is? Do correct me if that isn't the case.
They should be fine, its much better than pre T6.1 vans, we have never needed anything on top of the factory mattress unlike downstairs.

Back