Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Factory Warranty?

ArunAlec

ArunAlec

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
The EFW has to be registered on two computer data bases. One in the UK and one in Germany. They are called SAGA/2 and Elsa pro. These names came from VWCS in the UK.
If VW can’t get 2 databases to talk to each there’s something wrong! Probably running off a printout, faxing it to Germany, where it’s scanned, emailed, printed then input by hand.

VW Guru

VW Guru

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Interesting we are told that extended warranty doesn’t cover wiring faults, trim panels and glass. I will ask our warranty manager in the morning for his view. Also and just a side note factory warranty only covers things like squeaks, rattles and wear and tear items I.e clutches or brake pads for 6months or 6000 miles which ever comes first

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I had the 6 month from new not covered by the warranty relating to a rattle as" if the trim requires removing to investigate it becomes chargeable".
Seems the warranty is 6 months only on some issues. Definitely not stated by VW at any point unless a repair is requested.
Well if that's the case then they should inform their customers before they purchase this product.

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Interesting we are told that extended warranty doesn’t cover wiring faults, trim panels and glass. I will ask our warranty manager in the morning for his view. Also and just a side note factory warranty only covers things like squeaks, rattles and wear and tear items I.e clutches or brake pads for 6months or 6000 miles which ever comes first
Again there's no mention of this in VW's online sales blurb re the EFW.

VW Guru

VW Guru

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Again there's no mention of this in VW's online sales blurb re the EFW.
Have you got a link you could send me I very interested in what you guys as customers are being told to what we are being told.

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Interesting we are told that extended warranty doesn’t cover wiring faults, trim panels and glass.
Then why dose the Extended Warranty leaflet say “exactly the same cover as the original manufacturers warranty”? These words are not open to interpretation!

VW Guru

VW Guru

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Then why dose the Extended Warranty leaflet say “exactly the same cover as the original manufacturers warranty”? These words are not open to interpretation!
I’ve never actually see the leaflet that customers get
As a technician we have the factory warranty guide to follow. I’m not doubting that’s what the leaflet says at all actually very interested in what’s written down and would love to get to the bottom of why there are differences in what we are instructed as to what the leaflet says.

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Extended warranties are considered a financial product and as such have the same protection and regulation, maybe VW need to have a test case brought against them by the OFT or Finacial regulators?

Jason wallace

Jason wallace

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Have sent a further info to Chris at Liverpool Van Center, i've been trying to get proof of my extended warranty for quiet a few months now.

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Vw statement is unequivocal, end of.

If you find yourself in a situation where VW have no record and refute your extended warrant, contact the FSA or OFT

Similarly if a claim for warranty is refuted point out that you know your rights and will report any mal practice. A copy of the leaflet Jaberwocky was kind enough to post should leave no doubt on the dealers part.

VW cannot be game keeper and poacher !

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Have you got a link you could send me I very interested in what you guys as customers are being told to what we are being told.
The full information is on the VW Commercial website under EFWs. I'm sorry but I am under orders to go out and we're late. I think Jabberwocky has given the gist though.

Perfectos

Perfectos

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can some one PDF this and added it to the VIP section for posterity?

Our Partners