Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Extended Warranty Q

M

Markw1987

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Evening all,

We have successfully located and committed to our first VW Cali and collect next week.

The vehicle is 1 year old and the current/previous owner purchased it with the extended VW warranty. I am seeking to clarity whether this is something that automatically rolls over to me as the new owner or whether I am required to fill in paperwork to inform VW of the transfer?

The question also applies to the Service Plan he enrolled into at time of purchase - does that simply remain extant with the van or am I required to inform VW of the change of ownership?

I have this evening sent an email to VW but as there is so much knowledge within this forum, I figured it worth checking here too.

NB - I have searched previous threads but couldn't find a concrete answer.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Warranty should relate to the vehicle not the owner.

VW are known to 'loose' warranty records. You will need to have confirmation documentation from the previous owner to ensure that you get it all sorted.

I believe both pass to the new owner as they are registered on VW systems against the vehicle.
Below link confirms factory extended warranty transfers to new owner.

I think my Factory Extended Warranty has just paid for itself.
Coming up to 4-yrs/48k and an MOT failure for a broken rear spring. Dealer confirms they are doing it on warranty.

Back