Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alternator/battery upgrade

trevor k

trevor k

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all
Just paid the deposit on a T6 and over the moon with the deal but, I opted for the battery/alternator upgrade and the heated screen amongst other options, I then got a call from the dealer, apparently I cannot have both these upgrades on the same vehicle, either one or the other, he's checking this out as he is as puzzled as me. Has anyone else come up against this?

It could be that with the heated windscreen you already get the upgraded battery and alternator.

Told me I could not have it aswell and that was without heated screen. On an ocean 204 dsg 4motion.

I'll post the dealers response as soon as I get it, all sounding a bit strange.

I went for the battery and alternator upgrade without the heated screen without a problem... will be interested in the dealers feedback Trevor k

I went for the battery and alternator upgrade without the heated screen without a problem... will be interested in the dealers feedback Trevor k

I've gone for the heated screen...without the upgraded alternator...so I wonder what I've got?!

I've gone for the heated screen...without the upgraded alternator...so I wonder what I've got?!
The upgraded battery and Alternator automatically.

Told me I could not have it aswell and that was without heated screen. On an ocean 204 dsg 4motion.
Probably because you have a bigger engine to turnover and start thus the upgraded battery and Alternator to charge it are already fitted.

Hi all
Just paid the deposit on a T6 and over the moon with the deal but, I opted for the battery/alternator upgrade and the heated screen amongst other options, I then got a call from the dealer, apparently I cannot have both these upgrades on the same vehicle, either one or the other, he's checking this out as he is as puzzled as me. Has anyone else come up against this?
Yes we had exactly the same. One of our options cancelled the battery/alt upgrade but not the heated screen?

And we are having 150ps with dsg

Heated screen? Only on an upgrade? To think my little Ford Fiesta 2003 had a heated screen. B***s!!!!
:rage

According to VW dealer support - the 204 engine comes with the alternator upgrade as standard but the battery is still optional. It doesn't seem to be a factory option though as it doesn't appear anywhere in the configurator.

Heated screen? Only on an upgrade? To think my little Ford Fiesta 2003 had a heated screen. B***s!!!!
:rage
YEAH!!!! My little Ford Fiesta had a heated screen AND a rear window too!!!! In Oct 2011, I bought a new Citroen Berlingo and NO heated front screen, but USB slot (iPhone only, but it wad still there). My 2015 VW Cali does NOT have one, nor did the radio come with a USB slot at all. What is this a la cart mind bender? Now I love my zulucampi, but honestly !!!! I wonder how much further standard cuts will come in the future to pay for the clever d--k's f---K ups?

Back