Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

....and relaaaax

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I've read loads and posted heavily on here over the last couple of weeks. The help given on this forum has really helped fine-tune things. Thank you. In general, the help from VW dealerships has been shocking, but I think I found one exception. We are finally ready to order and looks like I'll be going the DTD route, but waiting for the 'exceptional' local dealer to come back to me on Monday before I do.

I thought I'd share my specification with everyone - you helped me decide it:

2.0 BiTDI 180P DSG BMT, California SE
Metallic paint - Reflex Silver
Upholstery - Creta, Anthracite
Wheels, 17" Thunder Alloys
Awning silver rail with tent adapter
Bluetooth hands free telephone connection
Cold water shower connection
Comfort mattress for rear seat bench
RCD310 with DAB+
Parking sensors front and rear
Mudflaps, front and rear
Leather Multi-function steering wheel
Privacy Glass (with heat insulation)
Awning, Silver
Safe Box in base of wardrobe
Storage Net (WITH DRAW BESIDE BENCH SEAT)
ADD-ONS
Polished stainless steel Side Rails
Chrome side indicator surrounds
Front window wind deflectors
Tailgate Trim or Chrome Tailguard cover*

Congratulations, Acer; she sounds great!

Almost ready to take your seat in the waiting room :D

Maud

I have just bought a 180DSG 4-motion which I didn't spec (the dealer did). It has a few items that I wouldn't have chosen (cost!) but which I think I will appreciate: electric sliding side door with wireless key control; xenon headlights; heavy duty stabilisers. The door is great, haven't tried the headlights yet (but the dealer says they are wonderful!), and don't have any way of telling if the stabilisers are better than the standard spec.

Anyway, whatever spec you choose, I'm sure you will like your Cali.

Sounds great Acer

Here's mine. Quite similar to yours in many ways, but you can go faster and relax your left arm.

Reflex Silver Metallic , 140 PS TDI BMT - California SE

Climatronic
shower
RCD310 with DAB
Parking Sensors
Mud Flaps
Media in (USB)
Bluetooth Premium
Safe Box
Tour Pack
Leather multi-function wheel
Smoking pack (if it exists....I'm not a smoker!!)
Storage Net/Drawer
Silver Awning
silver awning rail
Laminated Glass Pack
Safety Kit
Wheel Arch Protectors
Heavy Duty Mats
Headlight Protectors
Door Sill Guards
Rear Bumper Protector
Removable tow bar

I may fit the side bars when I take delivery....

Feel like I missed something.

I went with the packs on a Candy White 180 DSG

Tour and travel pack
Alcantara leather
Xenons
Elect side door
Cascaval alloys + allow spare (hopefully matching)
Silver awning (hopefully silver rails)
Removable towbar
Safe
Mudflaps
F & R sensors

Hear that most people regret ordering the electric side door and disable it.

I currently have a Volvo with an electric boot operation and I think its a brilliant option that I wouldn't be with out.

Can VW match that it...... honestly I'm not sure. May have a chat with the dealer on Monday.

Sounds great!

What's the shower and where do it fit? And the stabilisers?

Our courtesy Caravelle had two electric doors; quite a novelty but it must be a battery basher!

Kernowlad,
The shower, its just a shower hose, fits onto a socket on the inside of the vehicle at the base of the cupboard facing the tailgate. We intend to wash-off muddy boots after hiking and perhaps rinse vegetables if the kitchen area is busy (which it will be with 4 of us). We'll also rinse-off salty water after body-boarding etc. Others might wash their dogs.

Inevitably, the kids will get hold of ours, and as long as it is pointing out not in, that will be fine too. :lol:

I had stabilisers on my first bike, so I assume it is for people that haven't driven a campervan before :lol:

I missed the shower option however I have a Mobi jet washer which will do the trick for the bikes and dogs (cold and warm water in that order)

acer said:
Kernowlad,
The shower, its just a shower hose, fits onto a socket on the inside of the vehicle at the base of the cupboard facing the tailgate. We intend to wash-off muddy boots after hiking and perhaps rinse vegetables if the kitchen area is busy (which it will be with 4 of us). We'll also rinse-off salty water after body-boarding etc. Others might wash their dogs.

Inevitably, the kids will get hold of ours, and as long as it is pointing out not in, that will be fine too. :lol:

I had stabilisers on my first bike, so I assume it is for people that haven't driven a campervan before :lol:

Sounds useful (the shower); never seen that option before!

KernowLad said:
acer said:
Kernowlad,

Sounds useful (the shower); never seen that option before!

I think shower must be one of the relatively new options.

I have one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-Liter-SOLA ... 1e887863c0

It comes with a bit of string and a hook, so I can hang it off the near side awning rail.

I use this for filling the water tank when there is no hose nearby, or for minor showing tasks (not a full shower - but good for dog or boots as described in previous posts)

teeboy said:
I have one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-Liter-SOLA ... 1e887863c0

It comes with a bit of string and a hook, so I can hang it off the near side awning rail.

I use this for filling the water tank when there is no hose nearby, or for minor showing tasks (not a full shower - but good for dog or boots as described in previous posts)

We have the same thing too!

Brilliant! I bet these warm-up nicely too if you leave them in the sun, whereas the factory fit job wouldn't do so well because it is sourced from the water tank in the van.

We use the Summit Pocket shower for months at a time in the bush.

You don't need to fill them to full capacity. Water is usually at a premium where we are so we have to be economical, just a quick rinse turn it off. Lather up and then rinse again. I put water in the morning, its sometimes even too hot by the evening.

If the sun is strong eg summer you can lay it anywhere in the sun. If its not summer, lay it on the bonnet of your vehicle. You can also warm a couple of cups of water on your stove and put it in if the Sun is not available.

This is why through trial and error to save water we also use the Aeropress coffee maker as it requires no rinsing or washing up.

While on the subject of water. We used to travel great distances to buy bottled water which also uses diesel to get there and back. We now carry this type of product http://www.purehydration.com/shop/emerg ... traveller/

We can last for weeks at a time without need to go into a town as long as there is a lake or a river. You can also fill your solar shower with lake or river water for a quick shower.

Where do you go? Sounds very adventurous!!

:thumb We did it for 6 months 16 years ago - right round and through the middle too. We were looking at the globe considering how we might get our new Cali over there by land and ferry, but perhaps a trip too far!

So did we (Oz and NZ) but we used cars, tents and cabins.

Distant relatives of my wife live right in the Outback (cattle farming); harsh existence! Beautiful though.

Don't tell anyone or they will think we are crazy.

Our 907 arrived today and we don't get our vehicle for 3 more months. :oops:

I am trying my best not to order stuff in advance :help

WP_20141124_19_45_39_Pro.jpg