Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

And yet another fridge thread

D

dropbear

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi everyone. Picked up a t5 about a month ago (2005 model ) just did our first trip (Bordeaux-Paris 5 days) .
Love the t5 even though it rained for 4 of the 5 days still live able with my wife 2 kids and a dog :). We are heading off on a 5 mth tour of Europe in 15 days and the fridge dosn't work. :( . Tried on battery and on hookup the compresser hums and after looking behind the access panel everything is clean and lovely but the interior of the fridge remains warm.
Do I need to re-gas the fridge?
Is there a switch I don't know about?
I have read all the posts about fridges on this forum and the only thing I haven't tried is the curry test but seeing as the compresser is running don't think this one will help lol. Any help greatly appreciated thanks.

If it is a 2005 model it can't be a 180. It is a 130 or 174.
It sounds to me that IF the compressor is running continually it is a possible refrigerant leak

Hi everyone. Picked up a t5 about a month ago (2005 model ) just did our first trip (Bordeaux-Paris 5 days) .
Love the t5 even though it rained for 4 of the 5 days still live able with my wife 2 kids and a dog :). We are heading off on a 5 mth tour of Europe in 15 days and the fridge dosn't work. :( . Tried on battery and on hookup the compresser hums and after looking behind the access panel everything is clean and lovely but the interior of the fridge remains warm.
Do I need to re-gas the fridge?
Is there a switch I don't know about?
I have read all the posts about fridges on this forum and the only thing I haven't tried is the curry test but seeing as the compresser is running don't think this one will help lol. Any help greatly appreciated thanks.
Similar problem? If your vehicle is 2005 and fridge original then 12 years old .

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/t4-fridge-not-fridging.17349/#post-197265