Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Animal Health Certificate

Kirk

Kirk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
What sort of price are people paying for their health certificates now things have calmed down, I have just been quoted £99 which I did not think was too bad

Snatch their hand off. Paid £175 last summer, and told it's going up to £250.

Will be looking elsewhere this summer.

What sort of price are people paying for their health certificates now things have calmed down, I have just been quoted £99 which I did not think was too bad

Was that Abbeywell in Folkestone? That is who we use, they are excellent and know how to do the paperwork with their eyes closed, we paid £87.50 a few months ago and I think they only charge a a bit more for additional dogs

About £100 is about normal for a first. My vet said that the PDF form they have to use is now editable so they will be able to charge less for second and subsequent AHCs for the same animal. She also said that many vets are refusing to do them because they are so much faff.

About £100 is about normal for a first. My vet said that the PDF form they have to use is now editable so they will be able to charge less for second and subsequent AHCs for the same animal. She also said that many vets are refusing to do them because they are so much faff.
Indeed, entirely a form filling exercise. The only time ours touched the dog was to check his microchip.

We have just been quoted £180 Still a lot cheaper and easier than trying to board him for 2 weeks.

Was that Abbeywell in Folkestone? That is who we use, they are excellent and know how to do the paperwork with their eyes closed, we paid £87.50 a few months ago and I think they only charge a a bit more for additional dogs

yes, Abbbeywell, not far from the tunnel so very convenient , it says £75 on their website but we were quoted £99 all inclusive https://www.abbeywellvets.co.uk/pricing/

We paid £99 for our dog's AHC from Abbeywell when we crossed over via Eurotunnel on 25th January. We came home on 25th March and managed to get a French issued Pet Passport when we took our dog to a French vet for the worming tablet, which we crossed back into the UK with. We got the French vet to fill in page 4 ( the worming tablet issued ) on the AHC as a back up in case the French issued EU passport wasn't accepted. Great service from Abbeywell vets.

We also paid £99 from Abbeywell , I dont understand how other vets are getting away with charging so much

I've just been quoted £160 from Vets for Pets in Reading.

Received one today for Meg.
£95 for 12 pages of bumf in English and French.

Vet says she charges £120 for animals not registered at the vet.

If we go to Ireland in the summer we will need another one in English and Irish Gaelic.

We are all set with our appointment for the AHC, but struggling to make the appointment for the wormer on the way back. We are travelling with DFDS from Amsterdam, does anyone have details of a vet we can use near the port for the return journey?

We are all set with our appointment for the AHC, but struggling to make the appointment for the wormer on the way back. We are travelling with DFDS from Amsterdam, does anyone have details of a vet we can use near the port for the return journey?
I guess it depends where you are travelling from, but this vet in Vroomshoop in Overijssel is where we take our Reggie:

https://www.dierenartsenvroomshoop.nl

They know what they're doing and IIRC it's about €40.

That would only work for you I guess if you are coming from northern Germany in to NL.

Hope it helps.

I guess it depends where you are travelling from, but this vet in Vroomshoop in Overijssel is where we take our Reggie:

https://www.dierenartsenvroomshoop.nl

They know what they're doing and IIRC it's about €40.

That would only work for you I guess if you are coming from northern Germany in to NL.

Hope it helps.

€40 for worming sounds a bit steep. We paid €19.50 at Easter and I thought that was a bit steep.

We try to arrange the tablet 3 or 4 days before departure the allowable period is 24-120 hours before departure.

Back