Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Annecy - Recommendation?

C

Chris

Hello people. Leave booked for 2013 summer holidays. Plan is Annecy. Ferry booked (£80 return. Bargain when booked early)
Looking for a stop over campsite 4 hours drive. Then a campsite at Annecy. Then another site for on the way home
Can any one recommend or give their advice.
Thanks Chris

Oli will be your man, he went this year and I think I read he's booked for next year.

Camping du Lac
Stayed there in August. Very basic loo block, but lakeside, shady and, I thought, great.

address: Chemin Rural de Rovagny à Angon
74290 Talloires, France
04 50 60 73 16

La RAvoire, same place Oli stayed. It's a great site.

Graham said:
La RAvoire, same place Oli stayed. It's a great site.

Yes, this is the one. Its a caravan and camping site, but you can book directly. We have booked again for two weeks in August next year. We take our boat down there with us and pay for a mooring.

Its a great site, nice facilities, good pool, good restaurant, great for children and fantastic views. 5 mins walk from the lake

We spent a night at Bout de Lac, 8eus. Basic, in an organic garden if you like that sort of thing (my wife does!) and under an impressive cliff edge. Nice little town nearby.

Thanks for the replies. Been looking at stopping on route at Langres, but like the idea of an organic garden site.
Last summer stayed at a real nice site at Brecon. Only 8 pitches in the grounds of a stately house. The campsite was in the rose walled garden. So up for the organic / quirky sites.