Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Annoying little rattle - please help!!

cozmo1589

cozmo1589

VIP Member
Ok so the silver sliding cover in the roof above front seats that when fully open allow access into the roof when it's up, well that has an annoying habit of rattling loose and partially opening / retracting back aprox 1/3 of the way and so I'm forever sliding it back shut.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you rectify it please?
Many thanks in advance.

Calikev said:
http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2510&hilit=roof+blind
Lots of info here

Ahh thanks very much for that link, very helpful mate ;-)

I found it also helps if I tidy up the roof canvas so as the whole of the front section lies flat against the top of the sliding door when shut. Also make sure you have closed the sliding door fully and it has clicked into place.

HistoryBob said:
I found it also helps if I tidy up the roof canvas so as the whole of the front section lies flat against the top of the sliding door when shut. Also make sure you have closed the sliding door fully and it has clicked into place.

Thanks Bob mate :)

As others have said, make sure the blind is fully closed. With me this normally means closing it, then giving it another little shove.

GrannyJen said:
As others have said, make sure the blind is fully closed. With me this normally means closing it, then giving it another little shove.

Thanks will take your advice ;-)

HistoryBob said:

If you use the bungee cord that is available from the Club then it automatically folds it all up without any faff, real bonus

If your Cali is still under warranty get it replaced ! Had mine replaced last year.

Andy said:
If your Cali is still under warranty get it replaced ! Had mine replaced last year.
Sadly not mate, she's just turned 4 years old so down to me to rectify :-/

The upstairs reading lamp can also rattle against the sliding cover. I always make sure that the reading lamp is pulled forwards towards the bonnet and I place the folded bellows beneath it before I close the sliding cover.

Back