Rattle obsession

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Been plagued with an annoying rattle the last few trips, and today I was determined to get to the cause. So much so, it nearly started divorce proceedings with Mrs refusing to sit in the back to pin it down and instead suggesting I turn the radio louder! "It's only a van, they always rattle" :confused:

That was it. I stopped the van and took everything out from under the read bed and chucked it in the front.

Still there:mad:

Stopped again, took out the tool box. Still there :mad:

Repeatedly stopped and retried, emptied the rear cupboard, removed the chairs from the tailgate, the table from the sliding door, emptied the drawer under the seat, ......

Mrs: "It might be something in here" (pointing to the hatch in the roof) and starts opening it as we're driving along "NO DON'T OPEN IT! The bellows may fall down and block my view!"

And so stop start continues ..... the drop down locker, moved the stuff in the undersink cupboards, checked the sink and fridge covers, moved the rear seat right forwards, removed the rear shelf, wound the awning in and out and STILL THERE :headbang:headbang:headbang

Only thing left to try is the roof. Open the hatch, hmmm, light could be rattling, retighten the velcro and drive off.

:) Bliss.

"I told you it was in there"

:rolleyes:

How much could I save camping on my own?

A Lot. I commiserate with you.:happy

Rule 1: the woman is always right!
Rule 2: if in doubt refer to Rule 1.

Wouldn't have it any other way.☺

Thought would post that I had an annoying rattle from rear cabin. VW replaced whole of fascia on rear door thinking it was loose & the cause (under warranty). After much swearing & isolating various possible causes, it turned out to be the rear storage door (to get to the gas). Silicone lubricant all over it & seems to have sorted it. Hope this help others keep their sanity more than i did!

The one that I keep getting is the rubber stoppers/bumpers on the glass worktops keep moving. Guess a drop to superglue may sort those out.

...a ratlle curse....voodoo:D

I had a similar frustrating rattle. Having tried isolating all areas and removed the table from the door, it turns out to come from the awning where the rubber pads had moved. Replaced under warranty.

Back