Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another take on the IKEA chopping board trick

Here you go
Parts as follow
The smaller box and lid : Kuggis 26x35x8cm 502.823.04 £4.50
Flexible chopping boards : Finfordela 2 pack 303.358.98 £1
(Need to be cut to fit, with scissors)
The larger box and lid : Kuggis 26x35x15cm 602.802.05 £6.50
Thanks for the information we went to IKEA yesterday and bought a number of the boxes, just for your information they also
are the perfect size to fit the wardrobe they fit at the back perfect made to measure.

Here you go
Parts as follow
The smaller box and lid : Kuggis 26x35x8cm 502.823.04 £4.50
Flexible chopping boards : Finfordela 2 pack 303.358.98 £1
(Need to be cut to fit, with scissors)
The larger box and lid : Kuggis 26x35x15cm 602.802.05 £6.50

Thanks for that info, much appreciated

I read on the forum that folks were using an IKEA chopping board on top of the cutlery tray as a way to have somewhere to put their mug of tea when the hob/sink cover was 'up'.. I found another way to achieve the same goal, perhaps with a bit more flexibility..........

Peter, your cutlery drawer is poorly stocked! Just one fork for your meatballs! ;)

Peter, your cutlery drawer is poorly stocked! Just one fork for your meatballs! ;)
I feel a bit bad now about the quality / preparation of that video. I only stuck it on YouTube as a means of hosting it, so I could link it here and help a few other OCD Cali owners. It’s now been watched close to 10,000 times, and folk are subscribing to me expecting more pearls of wisdom!

Well me and 9999 others think the video is great! :thumb

65BD199C-999B-45F6-BABF-43C9AF94E4FA.jpeg 531B4C8F-CF6F-4604-99B7-2537E5518E94.jpeg Well, we’ve been to Ikea today on the back of watching your video, nearly 20K views now Got the Kuggis boxes and chopping boards and a couple of clear plastic containers with lids to fill the remaining space, the bigger one to be used as a bin. The clear plastic ones are from the 365 range and you can get either a plastic or wooden lid. Perfect fit, thanks for the info, very useful. Now we just need to find stuff to put in them

Hi Paul - we've got the same kuggis boxes in the same cupboard as you and it looks from your photos like the 365 range boxes fit a treat next to them! I've looked on the IKEA website and there are quite a few different 365 box sizes - would you be able to let us have the sizes of the boxes you show? Do you need to buy the lids separately?Also, I'm just wondering if they might take up the space available so well that the boxes(kuggis and 365) could be difficult to slide independently in and out of the cupboard?

Thanks in anticipation!

Ian

0891AB9E-71AE-4E8A-8555-6C1D1A9DA8D2.jpeg 87BD6B52-8024-4EF7-848F-69743912A291.jpeg
Hi Paul - we've got the same kuggis boxes in the same cupboard as you and it looks from your photos like the 365 range boxes fit a treat next to them! I've looked on the IKEA website and there are quite a few different 365 box sizes - would you be able to let us have the sizes of the boxes you show? Do you need to buy the lids separately?Also, I'm just wondering if they might take up the space available so well that the boxes(kuggis and 365) could be difficult to slide independently in and out of the cupboard?

Thanks in anticipation!

Ian

Hi Ian, just been out and taken a couple of pictures which show the sizes of the two 365 boxes, they’re from the kitchen department by the way. They fit fine and can be taken out without moving the Kuggis boxes, the bottom one is a bit tight but with a wiggle it’s not a problem. It’s easier without the lid on but we wanted the lid as we’re using it as a bin. They don’t come with lids but you have the choice of plastic ones that clip on on all four sides or a wooden one that just pushes on and has a rubber seal if you want them.
Hope that helps

Paul thank you that's great - I've been trying to fill that bottom gap for ages! We use the top shelf differently.

Awesome, just what I was looking for.
Do you use the sames boxes for the left part of the cupboard?

Awesome, just what I was looking for.
Do you use the sames boxes for the left part of the cupboard?

hi, guess you could do but the left side in ours is full with pans, kettle, toaster, glasses and mugs so we don’t need them. Definitely a great buy !

Don't bother with those. They seemed unreliable when I bought them, and seem to have been dropped last time I looked. (they rarely worked, seemed to eat batteries, guess they weren't turning off).

Back