Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Split hob (not split screen!)

Buddy

Buddy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
with the latest T6 versions finally splitting the sink and hob glass cover (something we have always wished for on our previous two Cali) will Brandrup or other retro fit suppliers offer the split top to replace the older single version? Our part-solution by the way is to buy a plastic chopping board and cut out a recess so that it fits over the sink.

with the latest T6 versions finally splitting the sink and hob glass cover (something we have always wished for on our previous two Cali) will Brandrup or other retro fit suppliers offer the split top to replace the older single version? Our part-solution by the way is to buy a plastic chopping board and cut out a recess so that it fits over the sink.
The shop in here are now selling something similar to your idea so that may well be the ongoing solution

The shop in here are now selling something similar to your idea so that may well be the ongoing solution
Yes made one myself for a fiver. Plastic chopping board and just cut to size,then cut a slot for the tap to fit in.

Making a slab on top of the sink is not the same as having a split hob top.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Oh? Why is that?
With the sink top down, it allows more natural light to the cooking area as well as allowing better air circulation with the window open when cooking (that is in addition to being able to use the sink top as a more usable space with the split top).

With the sink top down, it allows more natural light to the cooking area as well as allowing better air circulation with the window open when cooking (that is in addition to being able to use the sink top as a more usable space with the split top).

So, as the op said, his ‘slab on top of the sink’ is a partial solution.

We purchased the one from the club shop, I was quite surprised as quite a bit of work has gone into making this as it has grooves cut out on the underside so it is rigid within the outline of the top of the washing bowl.