Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Another "what is this?" thread

H

haydnw2

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I know there are lots of similar threads, but I think this is a new one! I found it nestling on the top of the rear nearside light cluster when I had the tailgate open last night. It's metal and about 25mm long. On the light cluster it can't go anywhere when the tailgate's down, so who knows how long it's been sat there. Has anyone got any idea of what it might be, and where from? We had the high-level brake light replaced under warranty at a main dealer a few weeks ago, so I did wonder if it's a trim clip misplaced during that. Everything still seems fairly firmly stuck in place though. I haven't been doing any other disassembly. Any suggestions gratefully received!

IMG_0607.jpgIMG_0608.jpg

I know there are lots of similar threads, but I think this is a new one! I found it nestling on the top of the rear nearside light cluster when I had the tailgate open last night. It's metal and about 25mm long. On the light cluster it can't go anywhere when the tailgate's down, so who knows how long it's been sat there. Has anyone got any idea of what it might be, and where from? We had the high-level brake light replaced under warranty at a main dealer a few weeks ago, so I did wonder if it's a trim clip misplaced during that. Everything still seems fairly firmly stuck in place though. I haven't been doing any other disassembly. Any suggestions gratefully received!

View attachment 66636View attachment 66637
Correct, Trim Clip Part 22a or 22b.
E392E96F-6ED4-44F1-A5CB-2A3B1AEB0089.jpeg

Thanks - I'll go and rattle the trim to see if they missed it entirely or just lost it and replaced it with a new one!

Back