Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

any cali's going?

D

darkstar

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
good morning folks, ive been looking for a t4 cali for some while now without much joy. just thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone has or knows of one for sale? not fussed as to high top or pop top any pointers from yourselves are greatly received!
cheers

Have you tried eBay? A few on there although I wouldn't personally know how to spot a genuine one

Careful of the ones on eBay, there's been a few scams recently.

Worth asking Andy (I think that's his name) at VWCamperSales

Couple of dealers worth trying:

Campervans4U in Stanstead
Just Westies in Milton Keynes
Eastfalia (Although not sure he is still trading?)

How much are you wanting to pay? May know of a nice, clean one ;)

thanks for all the pointers guys, hopefully looking up towards 15k sidepod if I can scrounge some off the mrs :thumb. so what would you all suggest I should be looking for regarding the 'scams'. pretty sure I know the westy spec inside out but what about the rest?
cheers

thanks for all the pointers guys, hopefully looking up towards 15k sidepod if I can scrounge some off the mrs :thumb. so what would you all suggest I should be looking for regarding the 'scams'. pretty sure I know the westy spec inside out but what about the rest?
cheers

Here is good start http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Car-Sale-Scams-How-to-spot-a-fraud-/10000000001971068/g.html

If they want a deposit before viewing - walk away.
If they want to deliver after payment - walk away.

There was a detailed thread on here about a t4 Westy scam. I think the fraudsters fit genuine interiors into non genuine vans. Many of the details often get lost on import so VINs aren't always on the UK paperwork (or something like that).

There was a detailed thread on here about a t4 Westy scam. I think the fraudsters fit genuine interiors into non genuine vans. Many of the details often get lost on import so VINs aren't always on the UK paperwork (or something like that).

I think I saw one of those on ebay the other day - looked like a 2.5 van with an early 1991 westfalia interior.

a real one will have the black westfalia plaque inside the sliding door, which copies probably won't have.

did they all have double glazing? copies probably won't have that.

I suspect the thread T4WFA mentioned about a T4 Westy scam is the one I posted a while back. Amazingly I ended up doing well out it, but it was a lot of hassle, and could easily have gone the other way!

He doesn't seem to have any T4s at the moment, and perhaps he's stopped selling them altogether, but it would be worth getting in touch with Rob at VW Campersales as he may be able to help.

sounds like a right pain lorax but yes those are the type of concerns I have, thanks for the plaque tip aj. there was a van on ebay the other week on a '91' yet it had coach decals on it and i'm fairly sure the coach didn't start until 93, that van was in London aswell. I shall try and steer clear of ebay!

Thanks, and best of luck finding a good van!

Back