Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any reason not to connect directly to battery on T6 Beach?

A

a892374923874

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Planning to add Anderson connectors for direct connections to the fridge. Cables will have inline fuses. Is there any reason not to add ring connectors onto the terminal bars on the leisure battery on a Beach? I think on the Ocean there is a shunt for the control panel, so not advised, but there is no control panel on the Beach. Cheers.

Planning to add Anderson connectors for direct connections to the fridge. Cables will have inline fuses. Is there any reason not to add ring connectors onto the terminal bars on the leisure battery on a Beach? I think on the Ocean there is a shunt for the control panel, so not advised, but there is no control panel on the Beach. Cheers.
No problem on either vehicle.

I did the same after reading about it on here, I fastened the cable so it just exits from the front of the passenger seat with an Anderson connector so it's a nice short cable to the power point on the fridge.

I also made up another length of cable with an Anderson connector and a regular 12v connector in case I want to power the fridge from the boot socket or similar.

Do make sure you connect the female of the connector pair to the battery, the male to the fridge.

Thanks all, will probably also run a spare to the boot for the 2nd fridge and another to the awning so the fridge can be put outside as per Amarillo's thread.

All done today. Unscrewed the 4 seat rail fixings. By swiveling the seat I could get at all four of them with a socket driver.

I didn't disconnect the seat connections. I just tilted the seat forward on its front bolts to remove the rubber battery cover and that gave me enough access to the positive battery terminal. I tilted the seat back to give me access to the negative terminal. I connected to the top terminals.

Back