Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any recommends on Sat nav/ DVD/ bluetooth options for a T5 Cali 2015

daisyduke

daisyduke

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
hi

i know been other posts on this but little old so after some more recent experience / advice on what you've got and would recommend or what to avoid as sound quality rubbish.

My key buying reasons are quality sounds DAB/ bluetooth phone option/ dvd for wet weather days :) and lastly the sat nav feature. So priority is good sound over maps :)

thanks in advance for any suggestions. Based Taunton area so if also know of anyone local that can retro fit that would be fab too......

not got mega money to spend but want to get best for budget thats fairly unto date as tech moves on so quickly.

Pioneer would fit the bill. Depends how much you want Sat Nav as to what model you go for. Absolute Audio at Amesbury will supply all the correct adaptors for the wiring and dash to suit

hi

i know been other posts on this but little old so after some more recent experience / advice on what you've got and would recommend or what to avoid as sound quality rubbish.

My key buying reasons are quality sounds DAB/ bluetooth phone option/ dvd for wet weather days :) and lastly the sat nav feature. So priority is good sound over maps :)

thanks in advance for any suggestions. Based Taunton area so if also know of anyone local that can retro fit that would be fab too......

not got mega money to spend but want to get best for budget thats fairly unto date as tech moves on so quickly.

If you want features at a lower price I'd go for something aftermarket rather than trying to retrofit from VW, they will have more features and sound better too.

Any double din unit will fit, there are many to choose from. You didn't mention iPhone so not worth going for CarPlay.

Also I'd recommend budgeting for a *good* quality facia, If you get the cheaper Facia kits, the aftermarket unit will stick out. The better kits are known as 'pro' kits.

Depending if you have Parking Sensors / Climate Control / steering wheel controls the facia kits and all wires can be between £50 - £130.

You can also make your original speakers sound better by sound deadening the doors http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NVE013I/?tag=eliteelect-21

Absolute Audio do great work on T5's so best to speak to Jason there, he knows his stuff.

He recommends some pioneer speakers (around £80 I think) that sound great running from aftermarket stereos.

I'm also in Taunton. Performance Driven (in Taunton) will sort you out. The Alpine I had fitted to replace my factory RNS 510 is superb. They really know their stuff and can offer a lot of other options and equipment if CarPlay isn't your thing.

Give Simon a call on 01823 338696 and mention Andy and his Alpine CarPlay unit

Thanks everyone. Andy are they at Priorswood behind the magnet showroom? will pop over and see them :)

Yes that's right. If you're head down Venture way (pass the Kia garage) and follow it down until the road bends right (just after the road junction on the left) and they're immediately on the left

(doesn't help that all the roads seem to be called "Venture Way" around there!)

Hi Andy,
Which Alpine unit did you go for?

Hi Andy,
Which Alpine unit did you go for?
Bah I totally missed this reply, apologies. I have an Alpine iLS-700 unit. It's *only* CarPlay (not android) but has the option for keeping the on-screen parking display !

Back