Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any Surfers Here

Good morning all
I started surfing 7 years ago after a weekend away with a swimming club to Donegal, North West Ireland. I live in Dublin on the East Coast 250kms away....
Renault Laguna was ok for a while, then I bought a Puegeot Partner which was more suitable for the job and finally I saved up for a Cali....
Now life is sweet....
I toured Devon/Cornwall last June for a week.
Lovely area but Mother Nature did not produce any waves while I was there which was a shame...

I've never tried surfing but I've taken pics of my daughter SUP surfing (on a stand-up paddleboard) when she comes down to visit - mostly in winter!

I know the people who set up Surf Snowdonia.

Never actually been to look at it...which is rubbish...

Hi,
Yes I’m committed surfer, took early retirement so I get to jump in sea 3-4 times a week. Done fair bit of traveling. Live in St Agnes, Cornwall so give me a shout (email) if you fancy meeting up
Mike

Part time surfer, more time spent on snowboard in recent years.

Turned a long overland trip from Belize to Patagonia into a surf trip some years ago and spent a disproportionate amount of time beach-camping in the south of Costa Rica (Matapalo). Also surfed lots of spots in elsewhere in Costa, Panama, Nica, El Salvador and Brazil. Later rented a house in Itacaré for a couple of months, which was nearly as good as Matapalo and a damn sight more comfortable!

It's a glorious way to spend time, but it requires so much of it...

Have fun in Chamonix, and try to stay safe where you go. And you're welcome to drop by if you're ever in Guernsey. :)

Hi,
Yes I’m committed surfer, took early retirement so I get to jump in sea 3-4 times a week. Done fair bit of traveling. Live in St Agnes, Cornwall so give me a shout (email) if you fancy meeting up
Mike

Cheers Mike.
That would be a dream come true. Give up work to concentrate on surfing. I only have another 30 years of work left before I can retire.
:sad

Perhaps my numbers will come up on the lottery instead.
Fingers crossed ;)

Part time surfer, more time spent on snowboard in recent years.

Turned a long overland trip from Belize to Patagonia into a surf trip some years ago and spent a disproportionate amount of time beach-camping in the south of Costa Rica (Matapalo). Also surfed lots of spots in elsewhere in Costa, Panama, Nica, El Salvador and Brazil. Later rented a house in Itacaré for a couple of months, which was nearly as good as Matapalo and a damn sight more comfortable!

It's a glorious way to spend time, but it requires so much of it...

Have fun in Chamonix, and try to stay safe where you go. And you're welcome to drop by if you're ever in Guernsey. :)

I’ve done Costa Rica Alibee, back in 2010. Loved the place. Would definitely consider a revisit. But still want to see so much more of Central and South America. It’s a stunning region.

I’ve done Costa Rica Alibee, back in 2010. Loved the place. Would definitely consider a revisit. But still want to see so much more of Central and South America. It’s a stunning region.

Had lots of good surfing all the way down the Pacific coast of central america, but Costa Rica was the best blend of great waves, surf community and minimal personal risk! Matapalo is the stuff of dreams, four r/h points, very few surfers (avg 2-6 in the lineups), Macaws overhead, Morpho butterflies, Toucans, waterfalls, etc. but very limited accom. We stayed there for two months in the roof tent on the landy, magic. :)

Overall, thought central america much better for quiet good-quality surf spots than Brazil (didn't try surfing in Venezuela or Argentina), but there's something very cool about surf culture in Brazil, and you still find whole beaches to yourself if you hunt around.

Damn, you've got me thinking about a surf trip again!

Back