Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone considering a caravan?

What an odd statement, you have no idea the circumstances around the person whose photo you have posted online. This is one of the last forms of bigotry, but put more plainly, its plain bullying. The internet is a great place for cowardly comments, it's notable that nobody that has supported your joke wants their image shown, but don't see anything wrong with you touting photos of somebody else.
:Iamsorry But Obesity is Obesity as defined by the World Health Organisation. It is about time people stopped pussyfooting around and being so PC it's dangerous. I had absolutely no qualms about telling a patient they were "Fat" or " Morbidly Fat " especially when I told them there was no point saving for a pension they were never going to collect or planning a retirement that was never going to happen unless they did something about it and that something was fairly simple and straightforward, eat less and exercise more. It was amazing how many thanked me for being honest with them and pointing them in the right direction.

Oh, and if you look in my thread 'Countdown 2' then there are some photos of me.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/

Overweight and obesity are linked to more deaths worldwide than underweight. Globally there are more people who are obese than underweight – this occurs in every region except parts of sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.

What causes obesity and overweight?
The fundamental cause of obesity and overweight is an energy imbalance between calories consumed and calories expended. Globally, there has been:

• an increased intake of energy-dense foods that are high in fat; and
  • an increase in physical inactivity due to the increasingly sedentary nature of many forms of work, changing modes of transportation, and increasing urbanization.
Changes in dietary and physical activity patterns are often the result of environmental and societal changes associated with development and lack of supportive policies in sectors such as health, agriculture, transport, urban planning, environment, food processing, distribution, marketing, and education.

:Iamsorry But Obesity is Obesity as defined by the World Health Organisation. It is about time people stopped pussyfooting around and being so PC it's dangerous. I had absolutely no qualms about telling a patient they were "Fat" or " Morbidly Fat " especially when I told them there was no point saving for a pension they were never going to collect or planning a retirement that was never going to happen unless they did something about it and that something was fairly simple and straightforward, eat less and exercise more. It was amazing how many thanked me for being honest with them and pointing them in the right direction.

Oh, and if you look in my thread 'Countdown 2' then there are some photos of me.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/

Overweight and obesity are linked to more deaths worldwide than underweight. Globally there are more people who are obese than underweight – this occurs in every region except parts of sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.

What causes obesity and overweight?
The fundamental cause of obesity and overweight is an energy imbalance between calories consumed and calories expended. Globally, there has been:

• an increased intake of energy-dense foods that are high in fat; and
  • an increase in physical inactivity due to the increasingly sedentary nature of many forms of work, changing modes of transportation, and increasing urbanization.
Changes in dietary and physical activity patterns are often the result of environmental and societal changes associated with development and lack of supportive policies in sectors such as health, agriculture, transport, urban planning, environment, food processing, distribution, marketing, and education.
Oh right ok. Did you used to post photos of them on the internet for everyone to have a laugh at? Presumably as it was self inflicted it made them fair game. I've got no problem calling people fat, it's people taking the wee wee that I have an issue with. I'm glad you weren't my doctor.

Oh right ok. Did you used to post photos of them on the internet for everyone to have a laugh at? Presumably as it was self inflicted it made them fair game. I've got no problem calling people fat, it's people taking the wee wee that I have an issue with. I'm glad you weren't my doctor.
You would if you were Obese as you would still be around to enjoy your Pension and Retirement. Honesty is often the best policy. If you upset someone by being honest AND you help them to deal with the problem isn't that better? Rather than being PC and afraid to offend.
Oh, and if you are in a Public Place it is perfectly legal for someone to take a photograph and publish it .

It was actually the whole look that made me chuckle not that fact that matey ate too many pies, oh and the fact that he was a caravaner.

Salty seems hell bent on having a pop at us for taking the pi** about him being fat.

Whatever.

Every day people take the Mick out of me for something. Do I whinge and take offence? Nope.
Do I hope some numpty will jump to my defence? Absolutely not.

This is getting out of hand guys ....cool down.

So , who of you is actually considering a caravan....:D

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Not me but i am considering a (nother) slice of tarte au pomme.

Homemade?.....pictures please!

You would if you were Obese as you would still be around to enjoy your Pension and Retirement. Honesty is often the best policy. If you upset someone by being honest AND you help them to deal with the problem isn't that better? Rather than being PC and afraid to offend.
Oh, and if you are in a Public Place it is perfectly legal for someone to take a photograph and publish it .
I think you have the wrong end of the stick. Nowhere have I said that fat people shouldn't be called fat. But honesty is not about ridiculing people...that man would be very upset he knew he was the brunt of this forums jokes. And if he did know, I doubt very much whether it 'help 'them' deal with the problem'. So, would I be happy with a doctor treating me if I knew that doctor also enjoyed ridiculing other fat people online? Would other people in the same position? Ridicule Is different from being honest, and the idea of a doctor taking the Mick out of me, or others like me is plain grim.

It was actually the whole look that made me chuckle not that fact that matey ate too many pies, oh and the fact that he was a caravaner.

Salty seems hell bent on having a pop at us for taking the pi** about him being fat.

Whatever.

Every day people take the Mick out of me for something. Do I whinge and take offence? Nope.
Do I hope some numpty will jump to my defence? Absolutely not.

You assume I've taken personal offence? Give me a break, its nothing to do with me, I've already explained the reason for my views and I'm not the only one.
So, when you say 'us', I don't think you speak for the whole forum.

People,

This is a California forum, not a healthy lifestyle forum.

I personally thought the sight of a bloke on a bike riding off (presumably) to the waste dump with his porta-potti in a basket was hilarious. Nothing to do with him being fat, being a joke, all to do with the lifestyle culture depicted of cycling to the CWD point.

I have no idea why people get fat, or even what defines "fat", I try not to judge anyone but I am only human. I am officially "overweight", my BMI is 26.8 as of today, I'm not laughing at anyone but really, it's a piece of social commentary, or was to me.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick. Nowhere have I said that fat people shouldn't be called fat. But honesty is not about ridiculing people...that man would be very upset he knew he was the brunt of this forums jokes. And if he did know, I doubt very much whether it 'help 'them' deal with the problem'. So, would I be happy with a doctor treating me if I knew that doctor also enjoyed ridiculing other fat people online? Would other people in the same position? Ridicule Is different from being honest, and the idea of a doctor taking the Mick out of me, or others like me is plain grim.
Sorry, if he can't be bothered to walk to the disposal point but has to ride an e-bike then he deserves to be ridiculed.
Also, when I retired I also quit the Medical Register so now I'm not a Doctor and I can say what I like and when .
You have obviously never been exposed to Medical or Nursing Black Humour.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/dr-brian-goldman/dark-humour_b_5368005.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...-Doctors-must-laugh-in-the-face-of-death.html

If the picture had a name attached to it I would concede you might have a point, but it doesn't . It's just a picture of a very fat man on an e-bike carrying his toilet to the disposal point . At least I won't have to certify him and sign his Death Certificate.

We have both, and use them accordingly, based on the time away and our travelling plans.

Incidentally, the trundle of shame is truly the worst part of the experience, whether in the caravan or using the portaloo in the Cali (at least the caravan one has wheels and I can distance myself from 'the goods'!)

IMG_1348.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

IMG_8408.JPG