Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone fitted just front mudflaps?

Shaun

Shaun

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Have you fitted front mudflaps , would they help protect the sills from thrown up stones ?
Thanks

I've got factory fitted front and rear and yes I think they do help protect the lower doors and sills although I haven't got another van without mudflaps to compare to.

Custardtart said:
I've got factory fitted front and rear and yes I think they do help protect the lower doors and sills although I haven't got another van without mudflaps to compare to.
Lol
Thanks I'll get some ordered

Got mudflaps allround on my Cali. When I washed it on Saturday I noticed there were spots of what must be white line paint on drivers door & side door. So they don't offer complete protection, are not wide enough for that but do help.

Has anyone experienced them falling out? I had mine fitted by Listers a couple of months back. The front ones seem to be coming loose with the metal stud that fits through a square hole in the panel. The other fitting is a plastic strap and screw into the plastic wheel arch. I have noticed today that the passenger side is coming out and the drivers side is loose. What holds them in place? Going to have to get it back to the garage on Monday.

I fitted just the front ones as I don't like how the rear ones are fitted to the bumper. I mainly fitted them to try and reduce the amount of road grime that gets thrown up under the van. They are very easy to fit yourself in only a few minutes each side.

I fitted just the front ones as I don't like how the rear ones are fitted to the bumper. I mainly fitted them to try and reduce the amount of road grime that gets thrown up under the van. They are very easy to fit yourself in only a few minutes each side.

Are they the 7H0-075-111 OEM VW flaps? How does the metal stud fasten to the body? On mine they are just inserted into a square hole in the body with seemingly nothing to fasten it in place???
novyy_bryzgovyk_t5_7h0_075_111__21472704m.jpg

Out of interest, are the front mud flaps at the front of the front wheels ....I seem to have some there , I presumed they were standard
No, I think newer Calis had deflectors fitted in front of the front wheels. The mud flaps go behind the wheels.

How can I delete a post? I asked question, did Google search, got my answer, then couldn't delete the question
But thanks raggedroy,

These are the ones I have fitted, which I assume are OEM as Listers in Coventry fitted them. Note the inch long stud that I exposed. This basically falls out when I drive any short distance. I cannot see how to secure it back in.

IMG_0232.JPG IMG_0233.JPG

Going to have to holler at the garage I think and get them to sort it out.