Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

App Connect

Gavrobb

Gavrobb

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
New T6 on the way this month - we found one to our basic spec(4motion) and already fitted with some extras. It doesnt have Satnav but does come with the upgraded media package. Can somebody please explain what App connect is - how easy it is to upgrade the head unit and pro's and cons over sat nav?
I see some threads on here about it being better than paying £1500 for Sat nav for a number of reasons - upgradeability, already having the iphone etc but how exactly does it work? Can I get offline GPS or is it reliant on mobile signal (Apple Maps for instance) ?
Thanks - pretty new to all of this (first van...)

I'm using it a lot with Apple maps. A tip for you. I get my journey planned on my phone while I'm still on wifi at home. Much easier if you're in a dodgy area for mobile data.

Thanks Quinnster - I have heard this one before but its good advice. What do I need to do then to get this installed on the VW Head unit? (van arrives next week!)

Thanks Quinnster - I have heard this one before but its good advice. What do I need to do then to get this installed on the VW Head unit? (van arrives next week!)

you just need a USB cable for your smartphone if you ordered app connect?

I didnt order the app connect yet - the spec was set. I guess my question was - do I just ask the dealer to add this and is it a simple software mod? Thanks (again)

I didnt order the app connect yet - the spec was set. I guess my question was - do I just ask the dealer to add this and is it a simple software mod? Thanks (again)

I doubt it's a software mod as you would need a physical USB port to plug your phone into.

I doubt it would be too expensive to retrofit it though, once parts become available.

Thanks Reserves - I assumed it was simple given the relatively low price on the options list. I'll enquire with the dealer and report back on here for close out / info.

Good afternoon to all,
I have my new T6 Cali Beach from two weeks with the option CarPlay.
You need the USB port on your Cali because Apple (if you have an iphone) did not allow any constructor to connect the devices wireless. The cable is a simple iphone USB cable you can buy everywere...
Bye

Well, I would say VW was not allowed to show wireless CarPlay at a trade show. It seems it is not ready yet. Android Auto to my knowledge is neither wireless.

Back