Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

APP-CONNECT

Yes might be slightly later model but spec seems the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They give different codes depending on if they are Contract or PAYG sometimes.

Just another plus point that I discovered today.
I doubt this is breaking news though....
Every time I pushed the voice button on the steering wheel a message popped up on the screen to say it could be enabled by VW dealer.
Today I held the button down longer (press and hold :D ) and hey presto I no longer need to shout Hey Siri!!
Also if you know where you are going and only want to get an ETA. Ask siri directions (assuming she actually manages the right address) it pops up on the screen and if you ignore the green 'GO' button on screen the map doesn't guide you but it does display an ETA. Not sure you can get that on a sat nav??

Just another plus point that I discovered today.
I doubt this is breaking news though....
Every time I pushed the voice button on the steering wheel a message popped up on the screen to say it could be enabled by VW dealer.
Today I held the button down longer (press and hold :D ) and hey presto I no longer need to shout Hey Siri!!
Also if you know where you are going and only want to get an ETA. Ask siri directions (assuming she actually manages the right address) it pops up on the screen and if you ignore the green 'GO' button on screen the map doesn't guide you but it does display an ETA. Not sure you can get that on a sat nav??
2 different systems,
Single press is the voice control of the media and navigation system(separate activation fee), long press is for siri via CarPlay.

Agreed Loz.... but I only stumbled on the car play 'press and hold 'after seeing the message about upgrading at the dealer so many times up to now, I didn't imagine what would happen if I kept my thumb on it. I'm sure its written down somewhere though :embarrased