Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are national trust campsites free to members?

How have you got the energy to be so angry at an NT internal memo, to event organisers, and not remotely troubled by GBNews lying to people in order to make them angry about an NT internal memo?
Undemocratic organisations who profess to be democratic should always be called out. If the NT kept to its Charter safeguarding Our National Heritage there wouldn't be any need to take them to task.

As an example of how it could have been done, Cumbria has their own inclusive calendar -https://cumbria.gov.uk/elibrary/content/internet/536/5901/44655154935.pdf. here are the entries for April I think they have covered just about everything:

Special Days
1st April Fool’s Day,.
My calendar doesn’t include April Fool’s Day… I feel like I’ve been duped!

Undemocratic organisations who profess to be democratic should always be called out. If the NT kept to its Charter safeguarding Our National Heritage there wouldn't be any need to take them to task.
I don't think the NT have ever deviated from that core objective, they've just added a few discrete information panels to their interpretation to discuss the history of *some* properties in more detail where it is relevant.
But yes, a camping discount would be nice.

Been googling have you @The Tall Luthier ??

My daughter in law is Sikh and she’s never heard of him. She does celebrate Christmas though.
Then either
A) your family member isn’t Sikh
Or
B) your family member isn’t Sikh

The fella literally created Sikhism in the 15th century, considered to be the father of all the gurus.

Then either
A) your family member isn’t Sikh
Or
B) your family member isn’t Sikh

The fella literally created Sikhism in the 15th century, considered to be the father of all the gurus.
I can assure you she is Sikh but her family are non practising. Her father only wears a turban for weddings etc.
I could show you the wedding photos of me wearing Indian clobber but don’t feel I need to prove anything to you.
Whether she has studied Sikhism is maybe the issue. I bet there are loads of white British kids who are CofE or Catholic who don’t know much about saints or apostles.
Wish you’d stop trying to score points on this forum.

I can assure you she is Sikh but her family are non practising. Her father only wears a turban for weddings etc.
I could show you the wedding photos of me wearing Indian clobber but don’t feel I need to prove anything to you.
Whether she has studied Sikhism is maybe the issue. I bet there are loads of white British kids who are CofE or Catholic who don’t know much about saints or apostles.
Wish you’d stop trying to score points on this forum.
It’s more like white British kids who are CofE or Catholic not knowing about a fella called Jesus! Or saying ’God’ , nah, never heard of him.
Having Sikh heritage doesn’t make you Sikh, it’s a religion not an ethnicity.
You literally accused me of making things up GG, please in future feel completely free to ignore me.

Last edited:
It’s more like white British kids who are CofE or Catholic not knowing about a fella called Jesus! Or saying ’God’ , nah, never heard of him.
You literally accused me of making things up GG, please in future feel completely free to ignore me.
Where did I accuse you of making things up?

Good grief.

I like NT Car parks. Always a nice place to stay and, hopefully, acquire a NT rock cake from the cafe and consume in Idyllic peace with a nice cup of tea in the camper. Not to be consumed in the cafe or gift shop of course, too many people trying to sell you a calendar in there :shocked

Where did I accuse you of making things up?
Apologies I read your post #127 and interpreted it as ‘My daughter in law is a Sikh, and as she practices Sikhism, she would have heard of such a character. As she never has, I struggle to believe you’

Perhaps you meant ‘my daughter has never heard of him, so this is beyond General knowledge, I assume that you used Google. ‘

Apologies if it’s the case.

My mates a Sikh, it’s the only guru he’s ever mentioned. However I did Wikipedia the date!

Andy, you’ve missed out Gurú Nañak‘s birthday! As he’s the most important Sikh Guru you might wish to edit your post?
15 April ;)
Why would I need to edit my post? I thought everyone knew that his birthday is celebrated in November on Kartik Puranmashi.

Apologies I read your post #127 and interpreted it as ‘My daughter in law is a Sikh, and as she practices Sikhism, she would have heard of such a character. As she never has, I struggle to believe you’

Perhaps you meant ‘my daughter has never heard of him, so this is beyond General knowledge, I assume that you used Google. ‘

Apologies if it’s the case.

My mates a Sikh, it’s the only guru he’s ever mentioned. However I did Wikipedia the date!
Misunderstanding so no problem @The Tall Luthier

My DiL and her family are non practising but are still proud consider themselves Sikh, which is fair enough. Same applies to me being CofE but rarely going to church, just weddings and funerals. Even the wedding of her and my son was at our local CofE church but was a wonderful fusion of the two cultures. The nearest Sikh temple declined to host the wedding due to a small number of Sikh extremists who had at the time been disrupting mixed race weddings.

Cheers

image1.jpeg

My DiL and her family are non practising but are still proud consider themselves Sikh, which is fair enough. Same applies to me being CofE but rarely going to church, just weddings and funerals. Even the wedding of her and my son was at our local CofE church but was a wonderful fusion of the two cultures. The nearest Sikh temple declined to host the wedding due to a small number of Sikh extremists who had at the time been disrupting mixed race weddings.

Cheers

View attachment 116348
Where's your turban?

Cheers

View attachment 116348

You're rocking that shervani. I'll be wearing one next year for my son's wedding in India. I've told my future DiL I'm only coming if there are elephants.

Americans have been saying "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas for ages.

I love this, one employee of one suburb in one city of one state in one country suggests using lights of colours other than red, and to go easy on crucifixes.
That’s all it takes to trigger Americans and Daily Mail readers these days. Hilarious.

The bit where the suburb’s mayor blames England’s Daily Mail for ‘stoking controversy’ is precious. DM embarrassing themselves worldwide.

Last edited:
Back