Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are national trust campsites free to members?

And todays headline. Make of it what you will

Christmas and Easter excluded from National Trust’s ‘inclusion’ calendar​

Diwali, Eid and Ramadan dates feature but Christian festivals go unmentioned, as members fear ‘woke’ policies will prevail after AGM vote

Diwali, Eid and Ramadan dates feature but Christian festivals go unmentioned, as members fear ‘woke’ policies will prevail after AGM vote
Mate! It’s the Telegraph, what on earth do you expect from such a filthy rag? Truth?

Seriously, do a search for national trust on the telegraph website, and look for one positive article! They are leading the charge in turning old people away from the trust. It’s a highly partisan paper these days.

Mate! It’s the Telegraph, what on earth do you expect from such a filthy rag? Truth?

Seriously, do a search for national trust on the telegraph website, and look for one positive article! They are leading the charge in turning old people away from the trust. It’s a highly partisan paper these days.
Sadly I believe most media is partisan these days and seems to be lacking a counter view.

I just go and visit National Trust places and enjoy them for what they are. I can make up my own mind about the morality how they were acquired by the original owners . I am always open to be educated on the subject.

I have just had this reply from the NT when I queried the Daily Telegraph report ...

Apparently it is guidance to include other festivals as well as Christmas and Easter.

====================

Hello Jenni, this internal guidance is specifically designed to supplement the National Trust’s year-round programming that includes Christmas and Easter, which are national public holidays and which are celebrated at all properties.It enables our teams to mark more religious and cultural festivals, to serve local communities and allow everyone to learn about and enjoy different cultures. We’re proud to host some wonderful celebrations for Eid, Diwali, Hannukah, and other occasions. The National Trust is for everyon

Write to National Trust"

====================

And what has this to do with the OPs question?
Just wondering
About as much as 100 or so of the other posts on here do......

There wouldn't be much of a forum if the only responses were strictly answering the questions asked, 3 answers would cover 99.9% of the posts, yes, no & read the manual.

Sadly I believe most media is partisan these days and seems to be lacking a counter view.

I just go and visit National Trust places and enjoy them for what they are. I can make up my own mind about the morality how they were acquired by the original owners . I am always open to be educated on the subject.
Agree that it has changed. Of course the Daily Heil and Torygraph were always partisan, they espoused centre right values and held conservative governments to account.

Nowadays the relationship has changed, their values and agendas have changed. Their headlines and leading articles are now copies of government’s press releases. They are funded well by government advertising.

There is no scrutiny, no truth, see DM’s front page today , nor a word about 83 far right nasty racists being arrested, just a government puff piece about Gove, making the police forces work harder.

We see it in Poland, Hungary, Argentina, Bolivia, the media acting as political bodies.

Agree that it has changed. Of course the Daily Heil and Torygraph were always partisan, they espoused centre right values and held conservative governments to account.

Nowadays the relationship has changed, their values and agendas have changed. Their headlines and leading articles are now copies of government’s press releases. They are funded well by government advertising.

There is no scrutiny, no truth, see DM’s front page today , nor a word about 83 far right nasty racists being arrested, just a government puff piece about Gove, making the police forces work harder.

We see it in Poland, Hungary, Argentina, Bolivia, the media acting as political bod

The Guardian and Mirror are partisan too. Just on the other side of the political divide. I used to read papers from both sides. I would read The Sun, Guardian, Telegraph , sometimes the Mirror and The Times. I always found the Mail to be nasty so left it well alone. It was interesting to see the spin on the facts. A different perspective was good, particularly one that challenged my political or other biases. Try doing that these days and the facts are fundamentally different between publications. It is as if these papers are reporting on a different event. Journalistic standards are at an all time low imho. We need to challenge what we read more than ever.

Back on topic. I contacted the National Trust about height barriers at their car parks. It took a while to get a reply but they said that there was no.policy to exclude campervans and no plans to roll out anymore.

I don’t read headlines with any expectation. I am neutral to their source and emotionally unbiased.

I have no agenda nor affiliation other than accumulation of information.

Per my post ‘make of it what you will’. I understand what you make of it.

I don’t read headlines with any expectation. I am neutral to their source and emotionally unbiased.

I have no agenda nor affiliation other than accumulation of information.

Per my post ‘make of it what you will’. I understand what you make of it.
I understand your point. However it is very common that the headlines set the agenda for the day in other news outlets.

So whilst we believe we are agnostic to the charms of printed media, actually we may develop strong opinions on topics we have no direct involvement with. Trans rights, small boats, Eu, woke, national trust, Palestine/Israel to name a few.
Hopefully our humanity comes to the fore and our opinions remain positive and hopeful.

But for every headline that creates a negative emotion, we become divided. As per the friction on this particular topic.

Hey hum.

So to move away from any friction on this thread, what are people’s thoughts on camping discounts for members? Would people use it? Would it mean prices having to go up for everyone? Is there a place for a two tier pricing structure with\without discount?

From the NT’s point of view I guess it depends on whether it would increase membership and/or increase camping revenue and/or that’s what the majority of members want. I don’t know if they need to incentivise campsite usage as I very rarely use NT campsites due to the cost (plenty of better value alternatives). Are sites generally full anyway? Discount during quiet times?

My view is that membership should come with a camping incentive of some sort. Even if it’s optional at an increased cost.

I don’t know if they need to incentivise campsite usage as I very rarely use NT campsites due to the cost (plenty of better value alternatives). Are sites generally full anyway? Discount during quiet times?

My view is that membership should come with a camping incentive of some sort. Even if it’s optional at an increased cost.
I have never managed to get into any of their sites when I've tried. It doesn't seem like they have any trouble filling the sites - peak season anyway.

If you can't get a pitch there's no point having a discount...

Maybe they should charge more for none members?

Maybe they should charge more for none members?

The main thing to ensure is that prices are high enough to deter the undeserving poor.
One thing to support the poor and minorities but horrifying to actual meet one. ;)

About as much as 100 or so of the other posts on here do......

There wouldn't be much of a forum if the only responses were strictly answering the questions asked, 3 answers would cover 99.9% of the posts, yes, no & read the manual.
Fair point, but how on earth did a question about parking turn in to a debate on wokeness?

You either join and get complimentary parking or don’t, your choice. Nobody needs to know an individual’s politics or stance on wokeness, they are totally irrelevant in my view.

And this is the contempt that far-right media treat their readers/viewers with. Days after @GrannyJen dispelled the myth of this story they still lie to their viewers in order to stir up hatred and division. Mail Online carries stories too. They have nothing but contempt for their audience.

And this is the contempt that far-right media treat their readers/viewers with. Days after @GrannyJen dispelled the myth of this story they still lie to their viewers in order to stir up hatred and division. Mail Online carries stories too. They have nothing but contempt for their audience.

Screenshot_20231115_131553_Chrome~2.jpg
I have a 2024 Calendar that includes ALL main stream religious festivals for the year that is truly Inclusive.
The NT should have called their calender " Alternative Religions Calender of Festivals".
One thing it is not is " Inclusive".

As an example of how it could have been done, Cumbria has their own inclusive calendar -https://cumbria.gov.uk/elibrary/content/internet/536/5901/44655154935.pdf. here are the entries for April I think they have covered just about everything:

Special Days
1st April Fool’s Day,
2nd Ramayana begins – Hindu,
Ugadi/Telugu New Year – Hindu,
Ramadan begins – Islam,
World Autism Awareness Day,
6th International Asexuality Day,
7th World Health Day,
8th International Romani Day,
10th Palm Sunday – Christian,
Rama Navami – Hindu,
13th Songkran (Thai New Year) – Buddhist,
14th Maundy Thursday – Christian,
Mahavir Jayanti – Jain,
Birth of the Khalsa (Vaisakhi) – Sikh,
Tamil New Year,
15th Good Friday – Christian,
Bank Holiday – England, Wales, Scotland
and Northern Ireland,
Lord’s Evening Meal – Jehovah’s Witness,
16th Theravada New Year – Buddhist,
Hanuman Jayanti – Hindu,
Passover – Judaism,
Lazarus Saturday – Orthodox Christian,
17th Easter Sunday – Christian,
Palm Sunday – Orthodox Christian,
18th Easter Monday – Christian,
Birthday of Guru Angad Dev – Sikh,
Birthday of Guru Tegh Bahadur – Sikh,
Bank Holiday – England, Wales, Northern
Ireland and ROI,
21st First Day of Ridvan – Baha’i,
22nd Holy Friday – Orthodox Christian,
Earth Day,
23rd Saint George’s Day – Christian,
24th Pascha (Easter) – Orthodox Christian,
25th Feast of Saint Mark the Evangelist
– Christian,
26th Lesbian Visibility Day,
28th Lailat al-Qadr – Islam,
Yom HaShoah – Judaism,
World Day for Health & Safety at Work,
29th Ninth Day of Ridvan – Baha’i,
30th Saint James the Great’s Day – Orthodox
Christian.

Trouble is, the more you put in, the more upset those not included will be.

Personally I just want a calendar that shows the days of the week that I can annotate with bin days - is it recycling bin day or not?

View attachment 116345
I have a 2024 Calendar that includes ALL main stream religious festivals for the year that is truly Inclusive.
The NT should have called their calender " Alternative Religions Calender of Festivals".
One thing it is not is " Inclusive".
How have you got the energy to be so angry at an NT internal memo, to event organisers, and not remotely troubled by GBNews lying to people in order to make them angry about an NT internal memo?

As an example of how it could have been done, Cumbria has their own inclusive calendar -https://cumbria.gov.uk/elibrary/content/internet/536/5901/44655154935.pdf. here are the entries for April I think they have covered just about everything:

Special Days
1st April Fool’s Day,
2nd Ramayana begins – Hindu,
Ugadi/Telugu New Year – Hindu,
Ramadan begins – Islam,
World Autism Awareness Day,
6th International Asexuality Day,
7th World Health Day,
8th International Romani Day,
10th Palm Sunday – Christian,
Rama Navami – Hindu,
13th Songkran (Thai New Year) – Buddhist,
14th Maundy Thursday – Christian,
Mahavir Jayanti – Jain,
Birth of the Khalsa (Vaisakhi) – Sikh,
Tamil New Year,
15th Good Friday – Christian,
Bank Holiday – England, Wales, Scotland
and Northern Ireland,
Lord’s Evening Meal – Jehovah’s Witness,
16th Theravada New Year – Buddhist,
Hanuman Jayanti – Hindu,
Passover – Judaism,
Lazarus Saturday – Orthodox Christian,
17th Easter Sunday – Christian,
Palm Sunday – Orthodox Christian,
18th Easter Monday – Christian,
Birthday of Guru Angad Dev – Sikh,
Birthday of Guru Tegh Bahadur – Sikh,
Bank Holiday – England, Wales, Northern
Ireland and ROI,
21st First Day of Ridvan – Baha’i,
22nd Holy Friday – Orthodox Christian,
Earth Day,
23rd Saint George’s Day – Christian,
24th Pascha (Easter) – Orthodox Christian,
25th Feast of Saint Mark the Evangelist
– Christian,
26th Lesbian Visibility Day,
28th Lailat al-Qadr – Islam,
Yom HaShoah – Judaism,
World Day for Health & Safety at Work,
29th Ninth Day of Ridvan – Baha’i,
30th Saint James the Great’s Day – Orthodox
Christian.
Andy, you’ve missed out Gurú Nañak‘s birthday! As he’s the most important Sikh Guru you might wish to edit your post?
15 April ;)

How have you got the energy to be so angry at an NT internal memo, to event organisers, and not remotely troubled by GBNews lying to people in order to make them angry about an NT internal memo?
The Tall Patroniser is on form, whilst @WelshGas posts common sense.

Goodness,

I have a calendar that is wholly and completely inclusive of any day when I'm away camping ..

Anyone or anything excluded can just lump it...

Back