Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Armrest table

Y

Yorkdubshire

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, has anyone come across a mini table that sits on top of the front seats armrests (bridging the gap between the driver and passenger seats)? Had a quick search and couldn't find anything but thought someone might have come across one/made their own?
Cheers

Hi all, has anyone come across a mini table that sits on top of the front seats armrests (bridging the gap between the driver and passenger seats)? Had a quick search and couldn't find anything but thought someone might have come across one/made their own?
Cheers
Catering trays! Stackable and many sizes.
http://www.kabi.co.uk/catering-trays.html

Use the one in the sliding door....

I really wanted one that hooked around the armrests so it couldn't get knocked off, always a possibility with dogs/kids around.
Suppose I could attach some 'u' shaped hooks to the bottom!? Probably give that a go and if it looks rubbish they aren't expensive.
Cheers
Just some L section on the underside so that they fit on the inside of the armrests should hold it securely in place.

Just some L section on the underside so that they fit on the inside of the armrests should hold it securely in place.
Good idea using 'L' section as they won't have to be as accurate as 'U's and will probably look better!
Thanks for that, glad I asked now. Goodness knows what I would have come up with left to my own devices?? :thumb

Not mini and won't fit on front arm rests

Try it on the passenger (left) seat as it wil be big enough and hang over , try tighten it arround the armrests it wil not knock over.
Worth a try....cost nothig takes no xtra space

Try it on the passenger (left) seat as it wil be big enough and hang over , try tighten it arround the armrests it wil not knock over.
Worth a try....cost nothig takes no xtra space
I Will offer it up tomorrow to see if it suits the job but I do like the suggestion from Welshgas. Could be a patent application coming on here! ;)

Had a go at making a table today. Bought a chopping board for £7.99 and two cupboard door handles for £1.79 each.
D1B5940A-CB8C-4C93-9F4E-D473734E7615_zpspdhbzkj7.jpg

5CAA7ACC-CC04-4A3D-A2FD-87C21B6757C6_zpshjcw4dkc.jpg

A51486F4-E5A4-438A-B91A-1D31FFDFA022_zps8r56qvik.jpg

Was thinking about covering it in some carpet material or just using some wood filler to cover up the holes?

Great idea. Off to make one just right for drinks.
I didn't want it resting directly onto the gear stick gator so I have left it about a cm away and I'm going to put some sponge tape at the back of the table to bridge the gap and make it stable at that end. Just need a bit if cellulose for the chopping board where I cut it and decide if I'm going to cover the top and job done.

I fit this in our van for the TV or to put drinks on, It's good quality food chopping board, fits perfect 20150729_100808.jpg 20150729_101534.jpg

Now I'm hooked. Will I

1. Router some wood with L or C shaped brackets to stabilise

or

2. Source a plastic or perspex sheet and glue channels on the underside

Mmmmm..

Now I'm hooked. Will I

1. Router some wood with L or C shaped brackets to stabilise

or

2. Source a plastic or perspex sheet and glue channels on the underside

Mmmmm..
Either way post pics of the finished article! :)

I was thinking about making something similar to put over the sink, so that you get a bit of worktop when you're using the hobs. Anyone done this?

Had a go at making a table today. Bought a chopping board for £7.99 and two cupboard door handles for £1.79 each.

Was thinking about covering it in some carpet material or just using some wood filler to cover up the holes?
Nifty idea, can I ask what seat covers you have fitted in your photos?

I was thinking about making something similar to put over the sink, so that you get a bit of worktop when you're using the hobs. Anyone done this?
Yes. I have a board with tiles on that fits at R angle to window, to put hot pans on etc. Can cover 1 burner, when off, or over sink or on sliding table.

Fill the holes and vinyl wrap it to match your van ?. It will be good what ever you do

Fill the holes and vinyl wrap it to match your van ?. It will be good what ever you do
Cheers daz60 not a bad idea, have you had experience in where to source some/worked with it before? Any tips great fully received!

voodoovinyls do very good vinyl's there are good tips on YouTube

Back