Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Art Velour Upholstery

2haw

2haw

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Does anyone have any decent photos of the Art Velour upholstery on their T6.1?

I’ve seen this in the brochure but want some real life photos and thoughts.

09175401-EA41-403F-A2C9-87CFBE565E59.png

Last edited:
Look great but very expensive. You can get these guys (who make the covers in the shop) to make something very similar for less than half the cost, and they can be replaced.

Really nice photos of the coverings. I too have this on my order but for some reason think the colour is much darker. I know you are in Luxembourg so there could be a regional variation in spec. I too am interested on any protective coating that you might apply to protect from staining. We will be traveling with a slobberchops , or a Cocker Spaniel as some would call him. and do not want to cover up these expensive seats but think a hydroscopic coating would keep them looking good longer. Gyeon is one such product. once on a cured for 24 hrs should give 6 months protection to the Alcantara.

We have the artvelours interior in our T6 and it is very hard wearing. It is deceptive in that it looks fragile but in reality it cleans v easy with just water wipes or baby wipes. We’ve spilt all sorts on it and it just wipes up.

Even blue off jeans on the seat bolsters just wipes off with leather or water wipes. We haven’t treated ours with anything either.

I had it on my t6.1 it’s actually darker than it looks in the pictures I can definitely vouch for that after seeing it in a t6 in the dealership .
I definitely would pic it if I was looking to buy a new van 100percent

4C021823-B0BE-420F-933B-03D63D648B94.jpeg

55F95A08-814D-49A8-974D-77D07E6D1B4E.jpeg

F35A47E2-9B9E-4005-B516-1BEB719BBE7E.jpeg

00F54D61-3B2E-422D-9231-E5B7735D9C41.jpeg

with the wood look flooring it definitely makes a California more beautiful in my opinion

It's a nice look :thumb similar to the tiles that i'm just about
to order for our bathroom 120cm x 60.

And easy to clean and keep clean

I have just changed my order on my T6.1 Ocean to include Art Velours seats. I almost feel like a proper Cali owner now I have gone through the long hours of agonising over this decision

Great choice. While we have a dog I coated the leather and the suede areas with different protective coatings to repel wine or dog slobber To protect the rear bench where the dog is allowed to sit I fitted a protective cover. I put quite a few extras on the van. Happy with all of them

I have just changed my order on my T6.1 Ocean to include Art Velours seats. I almost feel like a proper Cali owner now I have gone through the long hours of agonising over this decision
Good move wish I’d added them

You won't regret it, honestly.

There are some owners who put seat covers on from brand new and therefore are fine with the standard seats. We wanted more of a car/oem feel to ours and not have to do that.

We have, however, got a waterproof seat cover set just for when we go MTBing etc - just slip on the two front seat ones really quickly.

Good move wish I’d added them
Hi.Ive just ordered a new cali and like everyone before me i hummed and hawed for hours about upgrading to the art velours until i found a company in Colchester that can supply and fit New Leather seat covers.They look amazing and only £300 more than the art velour.

Hi.Ive just ordered a new cali and like everyone before me i hummed and hawed for hours about upgrading to the art velours until i found a company in Colchester that can supply and fit New Leather seat covers.They look amazing and only £300 more than the art velour.
Yes in the end I was pleased to fit alcantara and faux leather covers from Individual Auto Design who supply the shop. When they are knackered, I’ve got original new seats, all for £1100 … less than art velours
98B14D4F-3CA2-4611-9EA3-EE651F0F524D.jpeg

Back