Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers - any recommendations / photos of your covers?

I went for the club shop GTi covers in the end so didn't progress it any further with seat skinz - I could barely justify £500 for the GTi covers so I definitely couldn't do over £700 (and that quote was emailed to me rather than just off the website).

Interestingly enough, the GTi covers have an Individual Auto Design badge on them which I think is the actual seat skinz company. They do have an active Facebook account so it might be worth messing then on that.

I think Individual Auto Design trade across many countries in Europe. They should have showroom in Wigan I think. We ordered our seat covers through Individual Auto Design when we were on holiday back home in Slovakia. We went to see the showroom over there to see all materials they offer. Great service over there. Don’t have them yet but should be with us in couple of weeks. Can post picture when they’ll be fitted.

We actually also use a simple plaid. And for the same reasons you give up.
Reply to myself: Our plaid has been replaced by these:
19061238-3C66-4F4F-BC7B-017B43A8704B.jpeg
Surf Bag
Easy on and off. Not that expensive; I think they are cool but tastes differ of course. There are four of us and after every trip they are taken off and washed; now 3 trips in 4 months / more than 10,000 km further (with that very annoying creaking on the windscreen but that’s another story).
I am very pleased with them.
Greetings

Last edited:
Reply to myself: Our plaid has been replaced by these:
View attachment 98902
Surf Bag
Easy on and off. Not that expensive; I think they are cool but tastes differ of course. There are four of us and after every trip they are taken off and washed; now 3 trips in 4 months / more than 10,000 km further (with that very annoying creaking on the windscreen but that’s another story).
I am very pleased with them.
Greetings
These do look good and a little different, but probably not quite what we're after.

I went for the club shop GTi covers in the end so didn't progress it any further with seat skinz - I could barely justify £500 for the GTi covers so I definitely couldn't do over £700 (and that quote was emailed to me rather than just off the website).

Interestingly enough, the GTi covers have an Individual Auto Design badge on them which I think is the actual seat skinz company. They do have an active Facebook account so it might be worth messing then on that.
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep trying them, I did get through but they said I needed to talk to someone else and took my number, no call back as of yet....so far not getting a great feeling about them which is frustrating! I see they're on Instagram (I don't have FB) maybe I'll message them there tomorrow if I've still not heard back.

These do look good and a little different, but probably not quite what we're after.
Thanks; Yes, I understand. They are not ‘second skin’.

Real leather seat retrim DK Schweitzer Colchester - cheaper than you may think 7 seat Beach

DD1883CF-3C53-4CB4-AC51-C7DAB5E4A02C.jpeg

2D5C717E-013E-4AAA-9D99-6981FA3B95A2.jpeg
You get to keep the original seat covers so can be switch back if so desired

Feel free to PM me if you want to come and have a look at my seats in person.