Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers - any recommendations / photos of your covers?

I have ordered from these guys: https://drivedressy.com/en

I don't have them yet but friends do. They fit well but I guess not quite as tight as the brandup ones. This means you can install and remove them faster for washing. Customisable materials and patterns, currently 10% off for the next day...

We are planing of getting a company to recover the seats in leather it worked out cheaper than having the Art Velours. Also can have a personal design. But not got our van yet will use the seats we have for a while

We are planing of getting a company to recover the seats in leather it worked out cheaper than having the Art Velours. Also can have a personal design. But not got our van yet will use the seats we have for a while
Kind of why I got the seatskinz. Cheaper than Art Velours but the same really (except you get the colours/fabrics you want)…and you’ve still got the originals when the covers are tired

I’ve got mine at Ukatex. Perfect fit, 100 different prints (but somehow I ended up with ‘leopard skin)
Can you share some pictures? The prices are very interesting, but the pictures on the website are a bit bizzare...

Does anyone of you have ordered those covers online and fitted himself? From what I can hear it's quite a serious task. Do you need to remove the seats to do that?

Does anyone of you have ordered those covers online and fitted himself? From what I can hear it's quite a serious task. Do you need to remove the seats to do that?
You don’t need to remove the seats (but no need to remove the armrests). It’s definitely several hours of faff for an amateur to fit good seat covers

Thanks tim, by the way, I have just contacted SkinSeatz, which are the ones behind this website: https://individualautodesign.co.uk/ and I was quite amazed with what they have proposed.

Even though on the website a typical leather setup for 4-5 seats costs 510GBP, they classified our California Coast as a 6-7 seater, due to the bench being a 'bed'.
Those covers seem very nice, but almost 800GBP is far too much, especially given that the bench on Coast/Ocean is actually smaller than the rear bench in most of the cars.

Does anyone of you have any experience with them?

Leather look from Club Shop - been installed 3 years now

8607AF9C-F939-4C74-AE55-686AAAFE0FC3.jpeg

Thanks tim, by the way, I have just contacted SkinSeatz, which are the ones behind this website: https://individualautodesign.co.uk/ and I was quite amazed with what they have proposed.

Even though on the website a typical leather setup for 4-5 seats costs 510GBP, they classified our California Coast as a 6-7 seater, due to the bench being a 'bed'.
Those covers seem very nice, but almost 800GBP is far too much, especially given that the bench on Coast/Ocean is actually smaller than the rear bench in most of the cars.

Yes I’ve just had mine fitted by them in Wigan. They are great - you get what you pay for. I was persuaded because they supply the shop.

Yes I’ve just had mine fitted by them in Wigan. They are great - you get what you pay for. I was persuaded because they supply the shop.
Yeah, I'd understand if the price was straight away 800GBP, but if T6 (non california) or Traffic with a bigger bench would be done for 500, just because it's bench is not a 'bed', I think its outrageous =/ I confirmed, they don't count the extension mattress, which could explain the price difference. It looks like they charge more from us, only because they... can.

Btw. I don't see any leather covers in the club shop anymore?

Yeah, I'd understand if the price was straight away 800GBP, but if T6 (non california) or Traffic with a bigger bench would be done for 500, just because it's bench is not a 'bed', I think its outrageous =/ I confirmed, they don't count the extension mattress, which could explain the price difference. It looks like they charge more from us, only because they... can.

Btw. I don't see any leather covers in the club shop anymore?
That is naughty.
These are from the same company in the shop faux leather but it looks good
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/p...acite-embossed-vw-california-ocean-seat-cover

I did not know this supplier, and their catalog and prices seem interesting.
Which design did you choose? Some pictures ?
And for maintenance, is it easily removable and / or cleanable? Thank you.
2AB83ED2-AEA0-44A3-AB01-D876BEE486A4.jpeg

This can't be right, I had decided to buy from them and expected it to be £510 (4-5 seats) for my 6.1 Ocean when it arrives next year and I was expecting that to include my 5th seat too......

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Anyone gone with the "Leatherette" Inka 2nd Skins?
Love the look and somewhat tempted, but for the somewhat untidy finish on the headrests. Especially the rears. I note that in adverts for the cloth ones they show you a picture of the rear headrest folded back, but not on either of the leatherette ones. I suspect they fear that it might put customers off? I am guessing that the more bulky/thicker material makes it more difficult to fold/tuck and achieve a tidy finish? You would think that in their own promo pictures they would have shown them at their best right? Just curious if anyone had opted for these, as the seats themselves look really nice.

This can't be right, I had decided to buy from them and expected it to be £510 (4-5 seats) for my 6.1 Ocean when it arrives next year and I was expecting that to include my 5th seat too......

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
I've also been quoted just over £730 for both the 1/2 and 1/2 as well as the leather look ones. From the configurator it does seem it should be closer to the £500 mark though. Our van won't be delivered for another few months so was planning to have a more in-depth chat with them about the price difference nearer the time. To be honest, they do look very good and cheaper than factory options etc so still probably worth it if you want to personalise.

Mine are Apona Surf from Hamburg
c8c434a57c2ae1b82909133c86e3dad2.jpg
9510c8e9510fa1c396765bd84c998044.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk

I've also been quoted just over £730 for both the 1/2 and 1/2 as well as the leather look ones. From the configurator it does seem it should be closer to the £500 mark though. Our van won't be delivered for another few months so was planning to have a more in-depth chat with them about the price difference nearer the time. To be honest, they do look very good and cheaper than factory options etc so still probably worth it if you want to personalise.
What did you do in the end with Seatskinz as I configured them on the configurator placed the order for £510 for the 4-5 seat option which I expected to include the 5th seat I have too and then got an email back asking me to pay £840 (inc. £90 fitting which I had requested too and I was expecting on top of the £520 anyway) and I'm not yet sure that even includes the 5th seat! I think this is just too much as really poor website which clearly states 4-5 seats at £510 and has really annoyed me :-(

Tried calling them but no answer so far.....will keep trying

What did you do in the end with Seatskinz as I configured them on the configurator placed the order for £510 for the 4-5 seat option which I expected to include the 5th seat I have too and then got an email back asking me to pay £840 (inc. £90 fitting which I had requested too and I was expecting on top of the £520 anyway) and I'm not yet sure that even includes the 5th seat! I think this is just too much as really poor website which clearly states 4-5 seats at £510 and has really annoyed me :-(

Tried calling them but no answer so far.....will keep trying
I went for the club shop GTi covers in the end so didn't progress it any further with seat skinz - I could barely justify £500 for the GTi covers so I definitely couldn't do over £700 (and that quote was emailed to me rather than just off the website).

Interestingly enough, the GTi covers have an Individual Auto Design badge on them which I think is the actual seat skinz company. They do have an active Facebook account so it might be worth messing then on that.

Minor thread adjacent question - we want some seat covers for JUST the bases of the front seat and rear bench, not the backs - does such a thing exist? Just to put on when packed and prepping food etc.

Best I could find on a search was someone who made their own from sticky backed plastic and loo rolls.