Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 roof safety net

T

theosmonds

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi all,
Had a go at fitting the roof safety net that came with our 6.1 today and understand that it hangs from the four roof hooks forming a box shape. I thought that the bottom of the net would slide under the mattress and the poppers would connect to the bed base points on either side but connecting one of the poppers results in it being too tight to reach the other popper by about 15mm. I've pulled as tight as I can get it but no joy.
Can someone with a 6.1 check theirs? I wondered if the T6 and 6.1 were different widths and I've ended up with a T6 one somehow. Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.. :happy
Thanks.

This is the one we've got. Looks to be the correct part for T5/T6. IMG_20200412_101505.jpg

I have just checked mine and its the same, about 15mm too short.
I think it was always like that.

IMG_8430.JPG

I used to bring it with me to hold my cushion (doesn't work well), and think it fitted fine with a little bit of stretching? Can't remember anymore as I don't use it anymore.

BTW, this is mine (wonder, wonder, ...):
IMG_20200412_140203.jpg
Yep, the same number (apart from the 087 part for 067).

Same for me, cant connect them both...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hi all,
Had a go at fitting the roof safety net that came with our 6.1 today and understand that it hangs from the four roof hooks forming a box shape. I thought that the bottom of the net would slide under the mattress and the poppers would connect to the bed base points on either side but connecting one of the poppers results in it being too tight to reach the other popper by about 15mm. I've pulled as tight as I can get it but no joy.
Can someone with a 6.1 check theirs? I wondered if the T6 and 6.1 were different widths and I've ended up with a T6 one somehow. Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.. :happy
Thanks.
Try gently warming it up with a hairdryer, or something similar, and then manipulating it to see if the fibres/stitching loosen up. If the fibres loosen and the stitching won't, unpick it and sew more loosely yourself.

Try gently warming it up with a hairdryer, or something similar, and then manipulating it to see if the fibres/stitching loosen up. If the fibres loosen and the stitching won't, unpick it and sew more loosely yourself.
Thanks Elly, in the end I opted to cut it and reseal the end to stop fraying. I had to cut the main thick section and 2 of the net strings to open it far enough to get the poppers to engage. All fitted and seems sturdy.

Same for me. I have reported it to the after sale department, they should redesign it for the 6.1 and deliver a new one. I can't understand how this was not discovered by quality assurance/control... Maybe there is no QA at all for the face-lifts models?

IMG_8036.jpg
This one came with my new T6.1, collected last week, and it fits.

Same for me. I have reported it to the after sale department, they should redesign it for the 6.1 and deliver a new one. I can't understand how this was not discovered by quality assurance/control... Maybe there is no QA at all for the face-lifts models?
Make sure you get a new one and try and keep your old one. @Auberg-ine has some interesting hack ideas for the safety net. The search facility allows you to search on member and key words at the same time.

Back