Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Autoterm Install

VanBlancLives

VanBlancLives

Van Sables
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Our new van was dealer spec'd without a parking heater so I am about to install an Autoterm 2D using all OEM fittings. While I wait for all the parts to arrive at TPS I am contemplating where to mount the Autoterm Comfort Control. I don't want it too low down, I want it easily accessible, I have to avoid seat belts, air bags and blinds in the plastic trim.

So my question is where has anyone else mounted there aftermarket heater control and how easy was it?

i haven't, but i did mount a solar panel info/control thing and it was super easy. that was between the back windows above the sink. Panel there just clips off and there is nothing behind it. would work in the beach too i think. see pictures here.

@babble it might work but it would have to be on the C pillar behind the sliding door. The heater is under the floor below the driver so would need to take it under the step and up through the trim.

I mounted here as found it easy to read from the seating area. I have display on 247 and doers not affect battery.
IMG_1545 2.jpeg

I have decided that the best location for the heater control would be next to the rear Ac control, so on the trim that runs full length at the top of the rhs, so over the slider. Part 35 in this image. I can get the cables up the B pillar while it’s off but how do I get behind this trim? Eithr ease it enough feed the cable in or remove it completely.
9D19D845-5A30-4D7B-B407-C1C758394492.jpeg

I am coming to the conclusion that the best route would be to come up the C pillar, either inside it or behind the trim. I don't recall but is there any means of access from underneath the van in the C pillar area?

I am coming to the conclusion that the best route would be to come up the C pillar, either inside it or behind the trim. I don't recall but is there any means of access from underneath the van in the C pillar area?
There must be a wiring loom to the Rear AirCon control unit, and I believe that control panel pulls out.
The diagram below seems to indicate a wiring loom serving the lights running between the B and C pillars above the sliding door.

So I eventually went full circle and mounted it on the trim next to the rear Ac panel. Getting the cable there was simple and wrapped in carbon mesh sleeve so it won’t rattle. It faces down a bit but is easy to see especially from bed.

1677426343509.jpeg