Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Aux heater switching modes?

Explorer

Explorer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
We have spent the first night in our Coast and all seems fine except we remain a little confused about the heating system.
We have clearly made the newbie mistake of using the heat immediately function and not the heat continuous function - so we will take it for a drive as i think that resolves the problem and resets the system as it just stopped working.

but..my main question is that when we tried to change the mode it is says to switch the ignition on.
Does this mean you have to have the ignition on for the whole time you use the heater ...or is it just to change the settings?

Do people leave their keys in the ignition when they are using the heater (my gut say nooooooo).

Grateful for any tips on this - it was reasonably cold last night so at least we got a good test of things.

thanks
Yv

We have spent the first night in our Coast and all seems fine except we remain a little confused about the heating system.
We have clearly made the newbie mistake of using the heat immediately function and not the heat continuous function - so we will take it for a drive as i think that resolves the problem and resets the system as it just stopped working.

but..my main question is that when we tried to change the mode it is says to switch the ignition on.
Does this mean you have to have the ignition on for the whole time you use the heater ...or is it just to change the settings?

Do people leave their keys in the ignition when they are using the heater (my gut say nooooooo).

Grateful for any tips on this - it was reasonably cold last night so at least we got a good test of things.

thanks
Yv
Congrats on your first night! Keys only required for certain functions on the control panel and one is to change the heating mode. I tend now just to use heat immediately mainly for running the heater every so often as advised by others on here, be sure to have it set out to 120mins. Once in heat continuously all changes to settings can be made with ignition on.

edit: ignition OFF!

Congrats on your first night! Keys only required for certain functions on the control panel and one is to change the heating mode. I tend now just to use heat immediately mainly for running the heater every so often as advised by others on here, be sure to have it set out to 120mins. Once in heat continuously all changes to settings can be made with ignition on.

edit: ignition OFF!
Thanks - okay will try that. I am glad it doesnt mean you have to leave the keys in or ignition on.

It's just a safety/security feature to prevent unauthorised changes, presuming that if you have the vehicle keys, know how to use them & can read then you know what your doing.
After all you wouldn't want little Joey lowering the roof by accident if little Suzy was up there.

Back