Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary heating in the California ??

But that diesel heater california has for interior does nothing to engine, right?
Just a warm comfort and defrosted windows?

Correct. This the Eberspacher heater that vents hot air behind the right hand door and is controlled manually from the control panel. Works with or without a hook up provided your leisure batteries are charged OK. It doesn't blow hot air from anywhere else but the vent mentioned above.
Welsh Gas has answered the queries about the Webasto heater.

On the California there is no " Preheating " of the engine. There is a Webasto Diesel Coolant Heater, that works automatically when the ambient temperature drops below 5c.
When the engine is started and ambient temperature is less than 5c then this Webasto is fired up automatically. It is power hungry, and it heats the engine coolant to warm the engine more quickly. This allows the cabin heater to supply heat sooner and also lowers emissions.

There is a company in Poland and I believe Webasto that supply an add on to this heater that allows timed or remot control of this heater but if fitted disables the automatic function. If this add on is fitted then use is limited to 30 mins as the engine battery can be depleted very quickly.

Are you sure it disables the auto function?

If it isn't turned on manually I think it still activates automatically if the temp is cold.

I'll have to check next time it's cold enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the California there is no " Preheating " of the engine. There is a Webasto Diesel Coolant Heater, that works automatically when the ambient temperature drops below 5c.
When the engine is started and ambient temperature is less than 5c then this Webasto is fired up automatically. It is power hungry, and it heats the engine coolant to warm the engine more quickly. This allows the cabin heater to supply heat sooner and also lowers emissions.

There is a company in Poland and I believe Webasto that supply an add on to this heater that allows timed or remot control of this heater but if fitted disables the automatic function. If this add on is fitted then use is limited to 30 mins as the engine battery can be depleted very quickly.
How can I check if the Webasto coolant heater is fitted? I ordered option 7VF (Air parking heater with auxiliary coolant heater) on my T6 but documentation seems to show 7VM (Air parking heater)

How can I check if the Webasto coolant heater is fitted? I ordered option 7VF (Air parking heater with auxiliary coolant heater) on my T6 but documentation seems to show 7VM (Air parking heater)
Think I've already answered my question ...... 2 stickers on the drivers door, one for Webasto Thermo top, one for Eberspacher Airtronic

I found out today that I have the parking and auxiliary heater.
Went out to start up the Cali and just check things over and whilst the engine was running I smelt that hot new small again for the first time. After I switched off I could hear the heater running so I assumed I had inadvertently started the air heater in the back but when I checked it was off, so definitely the parking heater, and as this was the first time I have started it with the outside temp so low would have been why I not heard it before.
:pinkbanana

I found out today that I have the parking and auxiliary heater.
Went out to start up the Cali and just check things over and whilst the engine was running I smelt that hot new small again for the first time. After I switched off I could hear the heater running so I assumed I had inadvertently started the air heater in the back but when I checked it was off, so definitely the parking heater, and as this was the first time I have started it with the outside temp so low would have been why I not heard it before.
:pinkbanana
Sometimes, depending on humidity etc, you get white smoke/steam from the coolant heater exhaust which is in the vicinity of the L front wheel. You'll only notice it if stationary and just after starting. Perfectly normal and disappears once the coolant heater exhaust warms up.
Normally there are a few posts each winter.

Sometimes, depending on humidity etc, you get white smoke/steam from the coolant heater exhaust which is in the vicinity of the L front wheel. You'll only notice it if stationary and just after starting. Perfectly normal and disappears once the coolant heater exhaust warms up.
Normally there are a few posts each winter.
Yes, I had one on the Touareg, but it was the sound and smell that gave it away.. but pleased none the less..

Back