Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary heater

W

walkeryul

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
First outing in cold weather! Put auxiliary heater in and cold air only. Waited a bit, heard a rhythmic ticking, thought, ah, at last warmth. In the next couple of minutes, still cold air and could see diesel fumes rising! Quick switch off!! Worked perfectly and almost instantly last winter! Any thoughts from anyone?

I think you are being impatient...... give it longer. Sounds normal to me.

Yes just run the system.

You will get some fumes - especially at first use. The fumes will only appear inside if you have a window/door open.

We make a point of running the aux heater every month for around 30 mins.

Let us know how you get on.

First outing in cold weather! Put auxiliary heater in and cold air only. Waited a bit, heard a rhythmic ticking, thought, ah, at last warmth. In the next couple of minutes, still cold air and could see diesel fumes rising! Quick switch off!! Worked perfectly and almost instantly last winter! Any thoughts from anyone?
Eberspacher, the maker, suggests running it monthly upto temperature, about an hour.
i would start it up and leave for an hour. Yes, it will be smelly but perfectly safe. The amount of Carbon Monoxide produced is minuscule compared to the engine on idle.

Thanks all! Tried it again and ran it for over 5 minutes. It worked!! Thanks! Wish I had signal to have asked last evening as 2 degrees but we were snug with blankets.

Back