Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary Heater

johnv

johnv

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
first time user of it! it works, but it seems to be completely random as to for how long and how much heat it kicks out .. level 10 can turn the blower to full, as can level 1
It also seems to turn itself off after a time, but there is no program set as far as I can see
How is it supposed to work? are the levels to do with heat output or time? is it controlled on a thermostat?
thanks!

ah yes, good .. I'm sur it's working as intended, but I'm just not sure what 'intended' is! did yours turn itself off after a time?

Yes, sequence of events is ...

- Switch on
- Nothing for about 1-2 minutes
- Gradual build up of noise, akin to jet engine starting
- Battery shows discharge of up to 13A
- Heat starts to come out of vent
- Noise subsides
- Battery discharge settles down to 0.2A
- Heat continues to come out of vent
- Occasional "ticking" of something expanding / contracting I assume

than I think, in my case after 10 mins or so

- heat stops coming out of vents!

I think (and this is just guesswork) that the different heat settings vary the time cycle I.e higher setting = more time blowing heat in. Temp of air doesn't vary. Ticking noise is most likely fuel pump.

Thanks Guy, that could answer my question about the difference between setting "1" and "10".

John,

I'll set it to "1" tonight and see if air stops blowing after 10 minutes.

Cheers
Mark

Hi John

So have tried the heater this evening.

Yes, indeed, on "Level 1" after about 10 minutes the air stops flowing (at least to a barely noticeable trickle).

Sat here on a fairly nice evening now with the heater on "Level 10" and it has been running for 10 minutes and is showing no signs of slowing down, so as a previous poster said, looks like the level dictates the length of time the fan runs for.

Not sure if if comes back on after a while on "Level 1". I would assume it does but I am really hot now so I'm going to have to stop this little experiment ;)

Cheers
Mark

:D yes I thought that the levels were more to do with the length of time than the heat .. so did it actually stop pumping out any heat on 1 after a while?

Difficult to say. There was residual heat around the vent, but if it was pumping it was at a very slow rate and there was no perceptible noise. If I didn't know, I would probably say it was off. Like I say, I'm assuming at some point it would have fired up again if I had left it on "1" (an experiment for another day).

Hope that helps?

Cheers
Mark

Whilst the heater is producing hot air the fan will always run. Fan should only turn off after interior of heater cools down for safety reasons.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Back