Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary Space Heater not WORKING

and I cannot see anything that looks like a heater underneath. Bit odd though that the garage (who had it elevated) did not say this to me when I had asked about the heating?!
Ok. You have the Heater vent on the B pillar. Do you have a vent in the Drivers side foot step?
You might not see a heater underneath the vehicle , below Drivers seat if the plastic underbody panel is in place.

Ok. You have the Heater vent on the B pillar. Do you have a vent in the Drivers side foot step?
You might not see a heater underneath the vehicle , below Drivers seat if the plastic underbody panel is in place.
No vent in drivers side foot step. photo attached. also photo of underside of vehicle under drivers seat. Not sure if it will make any sense but thanks for helpingIMG_5876 2.JPGIMG_5876 2.JPGIMG_5878 2.JPGIMG_5879 2.JPGIMG_5877 2.JPGIMG_5879 2.JPGIMG_5876 2.JPGIMG_5876 2.JPGIMG_5876 2.JPG

No vent in drivers side foot step. photo attached. also photo of underside of vehicle under drivers seat. Not sure if it will make any sense but thanks for helpingView attachment 50206View attachment 50206View attachment 50208View attachment 50209View attachment 50207View attachment 50209View attachment 50206View attachment 50206View attachment 50206
I don't think you have the Parking Heater. To be absolutely sure the plastic underbody panel would have to be removed for a definitive answer.

I don't think you have the Parking Heater. To be absolutely sure the plastic underbody panel would have to be removed for a definitive answer.
Ok so it may be under there. I will investigate further. Thanks so much for all your help. If there is not one, would it be worth getting one or shall I just get a camper heater? It would mean I'd always need an electrical hookup I guess...

Ok so it may be under there. I will investigate further. Thanks so much for all your help. If there is not one, would it be worth getting one or shall I just get a camper heater? It would mean I'd always need an electrical hookup I guess...
The Parking Heater makes the California the ultimate all year camper. I believe a company called Slidepods can do an original installation but you would have a seperate Controller as VW use different software. It would work the same if not better and a lot cheaper than getting VW to fit one if you can find a Dealership to do it.

Hi All,
I’ve read and re read this post but can’t get to the bottom of things.
I’ve had the cali from new and now at year nine things are going slightly amiss.
Latest is fridge not working and now heater not working.
Heater shows no errors - fridge has error code but I cannot seem to refresh it by holding in the middle button.
I’ve swapped fuses on both heater and fridge, disconnected all batteries, pulled the panel out and disconnected yet all to no avail.
Any other ideas or ways to reset the codes?
Thanks
Andy

1494ACA8-B92E-4816-8D00-E080EFC4767F.jpeg

Back