Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxillary Heating in the new Petrol T6 ?

D

Deep Blue

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
I'm ordering a new California Ocean and like many folks am struggling with the issue of Petrol or Diesel?

The auxillary heater is important to me but I've been unable (even through the dealer) to find out what sort of heating system VW are fitting.

I'd be very grateful for any information members could give me as it will strongly influence my choice of engine.

Thanks

Deep Blue

Should think it will just be a petrol Eberspacher - just like T3's of old.

It'll be whatever the engine runs on.

Serious ....?
Your dealer could not give answer to this Q?

I certainly not be ordering there ...
Never go there again i would say!

We were told there would be no parking heater available in the petrol Cali...
Utter bollox.

They will simply fit the petrol version of the Webasto/Eberspacher that goes in the diesel unit.

Just so everyone on this thread is aware, the latest brochure definitively says that the TSI's cannot be specced with a parking heater.

Dont worry, next year they are deleting the pop up roof as it affects the mpg

Its going to be very difficult to order a new build petrol California with all the rumors floating around , it does seem that with the questions being posted on the forum that you cant have this and you cant have that lets face it if we don't like what they offer , a friend of mine has just ordered 5 T6 transporter's and 5 caddy vans and they are all deasil was told by dealer he will get what he has ordered in 3 months as they are still making deasil vans is there one rule for vans and another for us

Went through the configurator yesterday and could spec a petrol engine and an air heater with remote (£1000+) so the configurator seems to think you can spec the heater with petrol. Or did I do something wrong? Has anyone else tried this?

Unable to have a petrol night heater can't be much more than an 'approval' issue as they were used on Westfalia petrol campers in the '80s, my son has a 1982 air-cooled 'Joker' and the night heater works just fine.

Rod

Went through the configurator yesterday and could spec a petrol engine and an air heater with remote (£1000+) so the configurator seems to think you can spec the heater with petrol. Or did I do something wrong? Has anyone else tried this?
Sound like the normal VW left hand, right hand problem. Nice to see its business as normal!

Yes, you are right, you can. New brochure says you can't order parking heater, meanwhile the configurator specs a TSI as standard with "Programmable air parking heater; with radio remote control"

o_O

Looks like the end of the line if they want to sell cars, they need to make what we want or we wont buy it simples

Hi Everyone,

Looking to purchase a Cali and been doing as much research as possible and this issue caught my eye. Looking at the brochure I'm wondering if it is just a case of bad brochure design. The paragraph that states "Auxiliary heater, electric – not available on TSI engines" is in the Beach standard equipment area. But in the Ocean equipment section it simply states "Climatronic three-zone automatic air conditioning with auxiliary heater, air conditioned headliner and additional passenger control"

This could also be the cause of the discrepancy between the brochure and the configurator allowing for the auxilary heating option, in fact it shows as standard equipment even when choosing a TSi engine.

Thanks

It's bad something design, but not sure what.

Ideally someone can try and order a petrol variant with heater, and report back what happens.

Back