Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning Housing Question

Cloudbreak

Cloudbreak

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Hi
Just rolled out by awning for the first time on my 2019 Ocean. Within the housing located centrally are two sliding plastic elliptical pieces. They can be moved to any position. Are these to protect the back of the housing from the articulated joints for the arms? so you just locate them centrally to match up?

Thanks in anticipation

Hi
Just rolled out by awning for the first time on my 2019 Ocean. Within the housing located centrally are two sliding plastic elliptical pieces. They can be moved to any position. Are these to protect the back of the housing from the articulated joints for the arms? so you just locate them centrally to match up?

Thanks in anticipation
I think what you are referring to are the stops to help prevent the awning from rattling when wound in. On older models they were just 2 foam pads.

Thanks, so just move then around for best affect.

I have experienced both types. Rubber pads and the Plastic sliders. The latter work very well. No clattering (unlike my old Cali with the rubber pads!)

While we're on the subject of these awnings we wound ours out couple of weeks back for the first time and discovered that we could not lock the legs in position they just keep sliding up and down anyone else discovered this problem at first I thought it was me and old-age we've had a few of these awnings and this is the first time this has ever happened thanks in advance.

The locking levers on each leg are very tight to push and lock the first time of use. I almost thought they would break the first time I used mine but they didn't. Just keep gently squeezing until they lock. Then once you have a feel for them you will be fine.

They lock in the upwards position, counter intuitively I found and yes I thought I was going to break them.

I agree. They are plastic-y and feel cheap, like they're going to break everytime I use them. They haven't yet however.

The locking levers on each leg are very tight to push and lock the first time of use. I almost thought they would break the first time I used mine but they didn't. Just keep gently squeezing until they lock. Then once you have a feel for them you will be fine.
We were the same, first time we tried to use them we almost gave up convinced they would snap, still find them really tight.

Our drop down legs and plastic lock fittings were getting more and more difficult to use over time. I sprayed some silicone on them and bingo they glide and lock better than new.

I think what you are referring to are the stops to help prevent the awning from rattling when wound in. On older models they were just 2 foam pads.
I wondered why our awning rattled so much!! Now I know how to fix it!

Back