Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning spring arm spare part

TheBagie

TheBagie

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The aluminium connector bracket on the end of my LH awning spring arm sheared through. According to my dealer this is not covered by warranty so I have to source a whole new arm ca £130

BB8B2ED7-F249-416D-AC07-2F5D231EB998.jpeg
The broken end bracket shown here is easily removed by one screw but it seems this is not available as a part to order from campervanbits and Thule are hard to reach to say the least.

Does anyone have any ideas where I could source, or has anyone had a different fail of the LH arm and has this bracket surplus to requirements?

The aluminium connector bracket on the end of my LH awning spring arm sheared through. According to my dealer this is not covered by warranty so I have to source a whole new arm ca £130

View attachment 83933
The broken end bracket shown here is easily removed by one screw but it seems this is not available as a part to order from campervanbits and Thule are hard to reach to say the least.

Does anyone have any ideas where I could source, or has anyone had a different fail of the LH arm and has this bracket surplus to requirements?
On what basis is the dealer saying it’s not covered? Assuming you are still in warranty.

On what basis is the dealer saying it’s not covered? Assuming you are still in warranty.
Thanks for your reply, Simply said its not a warranty thing, I’ve decided to ask for their case ref with VW and ask if I can follow up myself, think they are just hoping I’ll accept “no”

Thanks for your reply, Simply said its not a warranty thing, I’ve decided to ask for their case ref with VW and ask if I can follow up myself, think they are just hoping I’ll accept “no”
I would have thought it was only “consumables“ , clutch, brake pads etc that they could exclude. Think you are right to follow up with VW.

It’s broke = warranty (if within warranty)

edit : mention that this is not fit for purpose and a potential safety issue

edit: it looks like the casting, where it had broken is brown?

Last edited:
Considering there are people on here who have had their chairs replaced under warranty for want of a missing screw; I agree with previous posters that you should push the point with the dealer.

I would have thought it was only “consumables“ , clutch, brake pads etc that they could exclude. Think you are right to follow up with VW.
Ok to tie this thread up. Dealer said when pressed that “there was evidence force had been applied”. I didnt dispute that, my point was and it is clear (thanks for input Perfectos) that there is a fault in the part. Casting was faulty. Dealer wouldnt shift. Contacted VW
They said they can only go with dealers assessment but the escalation process is to get a second opinion from another dealer. Couldnt be bothered with book it in to Glasgow dealer 45 miles away

Separately was trying to source the little part and not the whole arm, no joy, seems the Swedes at Thule aren’t as keen on saving the planet as I am.

So I thought do you know what, I could just about make a replacement and if I think I can then somebody with decent metalworkers tools definitely could. I asked around and found a retired NHS technician who made it for me. Fits perfectly and Andy only wanted a fraction of the estimated cost of replacing the spring arm

Back