Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awnings for beginners! Help needed please

ajs

ajs

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello, having just purchased our first Cali in March we have now bought a Vango Kela awning which we have used once. We pitched the awning following the instructions and connected directly to the van using the beading on the awning, which we threaded into the space on the pull out awning, having wound it out a bit. We were then too scared to move the van all weekend as thoughts of having to reverse into the exact spot whilst threading the awning back on were a little too much! Are we making this harder than necessary? Should be we using something 'figure of 8' strips to connect to the van and does this make it easier!?!?

Thank in advance!

yes, when using a fig of 8 makes it 10x easier to 'drive away'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes, when using a fig of 8 makes it 10x easier to 'drive away'

Thanks Martin, am I right in thinking that using the figure of 8 you can just push it back onto the van rather than threading on from one end??

thats right, it just clips in and comes in around three strips so you just remove a section at a time.

• Agree
Reactions: ajs
ah, i hadn't realised this - i've got the figure of 8 but was just re-threading it all again...not sure i was doing that correctly then :-/

Back