Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Back to the future (1985 > 2016)

themagician

themagician

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello So we picked up our black 2016 Ocean (150 dsg) on Saturday. Prior to this we had a 1985 T25 with a Westfalia roof and interior from a california. Having had the first van for around 13 years we wanted to replace him with something which would last us. We looked at many options but the SE/Ocean seemed the obvious choice given how, in many ways, the layout of the interior throws back to those Westfalia years. We have planned our first trip and excited doesn’t even cut it. Three months without a van is something we don’t want to experience again. We have been massively hit by Covid tax on this purchase and considered holding out for 18 months - but life it too short to be van-less for so long. Slowly working my way through the manual and going off on tangents with threads on here. I’m sure I will resurface somewhere along the line with a daft question!!

Last edited:
Pictures ? Old and new would be good - welcome back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interior with a very similar layout to the current California. No top loading fridge.. but this would still open with the rock and roll bed down. Same wardrobe cupboard. I was missing the swing out table. The dash has changed somewhat and no electrical roof - very much manual and reasonable heavy. Had to walk around checking it was all tucked in and not trapped before locking it into place. Photo of our Cali incoming (having difficulty with cookies )

3170C36A-7E1C-448B-91A1-5E23B10AE9F8.jpeg
1D1D9A07-D10E-4B08-B2AE-CD65E06736FD.jpeg

Last edited:
I also had a 1986 T3 westfalia Joker! Was yours covered to RHD as they were all LHD?

I also had a 1986 T3 westfalia Joker! Was yours covered to RHD as they were all LHD?
They were. I believe mine was converted using the interior of a California, including the roof. It was a twin slider Caravelle in its previous life.