Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

C&CC with an 'awning'

They are Clubs and hence you join and agree to abide by the rules. If you don't want to abide by the rules don't join and don't use their sites and leave them for those who do. Simple really.:thumb

Couldn't agree more! Exactly my point!

perhaps the new breed of wardens / site managers for the C&MC are a bit more relaxed now days all I know when I was a member they were not but I must admit they do have some splendid campsites :thumb

The attitude to Motorhomes / camper vans within the C&MC seems to have totally changed for the better over the last couple of years with quite a lot of the warders having them as well.

On the last 6 C&MC sites we've stayed at all the staff have been extremely friendly.

My main grumble with them now is not being able to pitch up late on a friday night, theres a limit to how far from home you can get after school due to traffic & if we don't go till the Saturday morning it doesn't give much of a weekend.

Regarding the number of rules both CMC and CCC have. I guess both clubs started off with just a few basic ones but as times have moved on their site users have stretched/broken these rules. So additional rules appear and so on.
Currently on a CCC site where there's a notice on a rubbish bin inside the loo (for paper towels etc) asking dog owners not to use the bin for dog waste!
Also a notice to request people don't circumvent the "no open fires" rule by loading up their BBQs with wood and turning it into a brazier. Should be fairly obvious but someone's obviously had a go!