Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach 6.1 Ordered

bagel.rhodes

bagel.rhodes

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi Everyone

Just ordered a Beach 6.1 with high specification. Really liked the new version, with 3 seater bench. Interesting the salesperson, even after putting a deposit down was trying to tell me how wrong i was Horses + Courses and all that. I knew about the long wait, but I’d spent a few months deciding what I wanted and made sure I got all the extra’s I’d regret not getting - again the salesperson phoned me afterwards to suggest I did not go with a bunch of them - to save money - when you are spending 70K you are already taking that leap of faith. I’m interested to see how quickly this gets in to the build and whether the Beach with the slight reduction in complexity is quicker than the comments on the Ocean etc, sounds like 11 months. I was told VW in Germany close down for August. So the sales experience was pretty poor, but the vans are obviously selling themselves and so little work is needed. I’m hopping the delivery of spring next year is a good estimate and things in the factory improve.

Additional specification below

BGK:NY4 - Strongr AMG Bttry+Increased Alt Capacity PAQ - Driver Assistance Pack Plus
GPR:3U1 - Bed Extension+Comfort Sleeping Mat EPH:7X5 - Park Assist+Prkng Distance Cntrl Frnt+Rr HKA:9AH - Climatronic 3-Zone A-C+2nd Evaporatr KSU:KA1 - Rear View Camera
9CI - Intr Lght Cncept For Campr Comfort
NES:8WH - Front Fog Lights+Cornering Lights
PACKET:pXE - LED Hdlght+Daytme RuningLgt-Red Tlgt Heavy Duty Tool Kit
KRS:0F5 - Fuel Tank 80 Ltr
DAA:JI0 - Roof Bellows - Basalt Grey Canvas Sides
7VF - Progrmbl Prkg Htr+Radio Rmt+Aux Htr
Refrigerator
SIH:4A3 - Heated Driver+Front Passenger Seats
Sliding Window with Fly Screen Passenger Compartment Left RDK:7K3 - Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
SLR:8QM - 4Remote Control Folding Keys
SZF:6N2 - Mudflaps Front And Rear
Two-Tone Paint
Sliding Window with Fly Screen Passenger Compartment Right Woodstock Alloys
WSS:4GR - Heated Front Windscreen
ZV3 - 3 Seat Bench Reclining Mchnsm Multi-Flex
TLR:5R4 - Power Sliding Door On The Right
SCT:QL5 - Privacy Glass In Psngr-Load Cmprtmnt

Fancy! Good spec... small one, what's the need for the 4x keys? I always wondered.

And for the fridge, did you receive more info on that? Last time on the configurator I noticed it had literally just that "Refridgerator" but no description or pics

Finally.. pics?! Which two-tone and wheels?

Fancy! Good spec... small one, what's the need for the 4x keys? I always wondered.

And for the fridge, did you receive more info on that? Last time on the configurator I noticed it had literally just that "Refridgerator" but no description or pics

They threw the fridge, keys and some form of coating they put on it for free, it was between 2 van centres, none of them would budge on pricing. 17" x 7J "Woodstock" black, diamond-turned surface alloy wheels. I saw them in the showroom and they are really nice.

They threw the fridge, keys and some form of coating they put on it for free, it was between 2 van centres, none of them would budge on pricing. 17" x 7J "Woodstock" black, diamond-turned surface alloy wheels. I saw them in the showroom and they are really nice.
oh yes my favourites, cool

Over £200 for a new key (do they all need reprogramming?) so 4 gives you the ability to lose one, 2 drivers to have their own key (some electronic settings are key-specific), and a surf key

Over £200 for a new key (do they all need reprogramming?) so 4 gives you the ability to lose one, 2 drivers to have their own key (some electronic settings are key-specific), and a surf key
How can anyone lose a key?! Its like losing a shoe! :)

(signs-off, feeling smug, goes and loses a key and both shoes...)

Hi Everyone

Just ordered a Beach 6.1 with high specification. Really liked the new version, with 3 seater bench. Interesting the salesperson, even after putting a deposit down was trying to tell me how wrong i was Horses + Courses and all that. I knew about the long wait, but I’d spent a few months deciding what I wanted and made sure I got all the extra’s I’d regret not getting - again the salesperson phoned me afterwards to suggest I did not go with a bunch of them - to save money - when you are spending 70K you are already taking that leap of faith. I’m interested to see how quickly this gets in to the build and whether the Beach with the slight reduction in complexity is quicker than the comments on the Ocean etc, sounds like 11 months. I was told VW in Germany close down for August. So the sales experience was pretty poor, but the vans are obviously selling themselves and so little work is needed. I’m hopping the delivery of spring next year is a good estimate and things in the factory improve.

Additional specification below

BGK:NY4 - Strongr AMG Bttry+Increased Alt Capacity PAQ - Driver Assistance Pack Plus
GPR:3U1 - Bed Extension+Comfort Sleeping Mat EPH:7X5 - Park Assist+Prkng Distance Cntrl Frnt+Rr HKA:9AH - Climatronic 3-Zone A-C+2nd Evaporatr KSU:KA1 - Rear View Camera
9CI - Intr Lght Cncept For Campr Comfort
NES:8WH - Front Fog Lights+Cornering Lights
PACKET:pXE - LED Hdlght+Daytme RuningLgt-Red Tlgt Heavy Duty Tool Kit
KRS:0F5 - Fuel Tank 80 Ltr
DAA:JI0 - Roof Bellows - Basalt Grey Canvas Sides
7VF - Progrmbl Prkg Htr+Radio Rmt+Aux Htr
Refrigerator
SIH:4A3 - Heated Driver+Front Passenger Seats
Sliding Window with Fly Screen Passenger Compartment Left RDK:7K3 - Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
SLR:8QM - 4Remote Control Folding Keys
SZF:6N2 - Mudflaps Front And Rear
Two-Tone Paint
Sliding Window with Fly Screen Passenger Compartment Right Woodstock Alloys
WSS:4GR - Heated Front Windscreen
ZV3 - 3 Seat Bench Reclining Mchnsm Multi-Flex
TLR:5R4 - Power Sliding Door On The Right
SCT:QL5 - Privacy Glass In Psngr-Load Cmprtmnt
What was the salesperson telling you "how wrong you were' as you put down the deposit? Was it choosing the Beach over another trim? 3 seats rather than 2 seat bench? Did you look at Drivethedeal? Which options did he advise you to ditch?

p.s there is a whole thread on the Beach/Multivan fridge somewhere on the forum, probably 4-5 years ago.. I remember someone saying it's' just a cool box' and shouldn't be thought of as a fridge per se, so discounted it when ordering. Interestingly, there were quite a number of people selling theirs who had inherited it when buying second hand or had bought a dealer stock van from new with the fridge option included.

Last edited:
What was the salesperson telling you "how wrong you were' as you put down the deposit? Was it choosing the Beach over another trim? 3 seats rather than 2 seat bench? Did you look at Drivethedeal? Which options did he advise you to ditch?

p.s there is a whole thread on the Beach/Multivan fridge somewhere on the forum, probably 4-5 years ago.. I remember someone saying it's' just a cool box' and shouldn't be thought of as a fridge per se, so discounted it when ordering. Interestingly, there were quite a number of people selling theirs who had inherited it when buying second hand or had bought a dealer stock van from new with the fridge option included.
Yes the so called fridge option makes a very well made foot stool. It comes with an impressive fixing plate that enables it to be fixed securely to the floor rails. It can be used as a warm box, say to keep your meal hot on the way back from the take away. It also functions reasonably well as a cool box for a short while. However it isn't a fridge. For that function the best option is a portable compressor fridge/freezer.

It does have two major drawbacks:
1. Any prolonged use will rapidly drain your leisure battery.
2. The buttons that changes it from cool to heat mode are easily pressed accidentally or deliberately by fiddling fingers. This interesting feature will turn the contents into a wonderful fondue without you noticing. I was that soldier!

So is it worth having? NO.
You'd be better off buying a cheap cool box and some freezer blocks.

Last edited:
How can anyone lose a key?! Its like losing a shoe! :)

(signs-off, feeling smug, goes and loses a key and both shoes...)
Lost 2 for my Volvo, 1 in hotel room, 1 in the sea forgot they were in the shorts. One will be stored, one the wife, one for me, one safe somewhere (we go away for a few weeks at a time) - I’m getting to the age where I forget what i was doing. Saying that I’m adding apple tags to them know, thus allowing hackers to find them as well.

Do you think someone else is on a forum saying how many keys they're found? :)

No joke in our key draw is a key for a Mercedes early 2000, it's a nice key, just, we've never owned one :|

He was a camper with family,1 kid, by the sounds of it all the gear, he was raving about the space, cupboards etc did not like all his stuff sloshing around at the back. I did say we do this all the time, we have the cool boxes, compression sacks and the boot tidies that help, i don’t see the issue. I find it claustrophobic, with all of the storages by your head - it’s just personal, i need three seats, its a must for our kids when they want their friends to come a long. Most importantly if i spent 70K on a van and the wife said “how many seats, 4, send it back!!”, it would taint the purchase somewhat. I have lived out of my bag most of my life with travel for work, I pack quick and light, which gives 9/10 of the rest of the space for the kids stuff. I actually like the idea of a big coolbox that was built for the van, yep I can go buy one but it’s like those games you got as a kid “bionic man with the chrystal radio ear piece” I would much rather with the earpiece than without, it‘s sometimes these touches why you buy what you do that make it special. https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/unknown_the_six_million_dollar_m.html

I received my beach last weekend with a fair few options. I ordered in March so was fairly lucky with the waiting although I had to drop the towbar option to achieve this.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Really interested to hear that you got yours so quick. I do wonder if because it‘s a beach the delivery is faster, I do hope so but I’m resigned to March / April (ish) - where did you buy yours from UK?

Do you think someone else is on a forum saying how many keys they're found? :)

No joke in our key draw is a key for a Mercedes early 2000, it's a nice key, just, we've never owned one :|
Same - we have so many neighbours keys, god forbid there’s a problem we have deal with urgently, it would take hours just trying so many. We have our old Ford Fiesta Mk2 in there, just so we can have a good cry about when we were free.

Yes the so called fridge option makes a very well made foot stool. It comes with an impressive fixing plate that enables it to be fixed securely to the floor rails. It can be used as a warm box, say to keep your meal hot on the way back from the take away. It also functions reasonably well as a cool box for a short while. However it isn't a fridge. For that function the best option is a portable compressor fridge/freezer.

It does have two major drawbacks:
1. Any prolonged use will rapidly drain your leisure battery.
2. The buttons that changes it from cool to heat mode are easily pressed accidentally or deliberately by fiddling fingers. This interesting feature will turn the contents into a woonderful fondue without you noticing. I was that soldier.

So is it worth having? NO.
You'd be better off buying a cheap cool box and some freezer blocks.
Thanks and noted, its nostalgic getting things like this with it, it was a freeby and I am sure it will go up in the loft at some point. I did like the idea of have milk in something for more than 24 hours, we don’t eat meat so less of a need to keep things ice cool and we need more fresh. Thanks though.

Thanks and noted, its nostalgic getting things like this with it, it was a freeby and I am sure it will go up in the loft at some point. I did like the idea of have milk in something for more than 24 hours, we don’t eat meat so less of a need to keep things ice cool and we need more fresh. Thanks though.
There's a reason why it was free. Mine went in the loft on day1 and hasn't moved since. If you do get one then I'd advise not plugging it in but using freezer blocks instead.

Last edited:
You could ask for something else ‘free’ instead of the ‘fridge’? Extended warranty and servicing?

You could ask for something else ‘free’ instead of the ‘fridge’? Extended warranty and servicing?
I got 2 free services + 5 years warranty + Fridge + Keys + Cycle Rack. 2 centres were competing against each other, they could now lower the base price of the van but they could do something on the extras. I got this and also 1K off as well for good measures. I was really happy, not with the salespeople, but with what I got. I think to your point they probably have so many fridges that the residule value is peanuts so as a give away easy to do.

I got 2 free services + 5 years warranty + Fridge + Keys + Cycle Rack. 2 centres were competing against each other, they could now lower the base price of the van but they could do something on the extras. I got this and also 1K off as well for good measures. I was really happy, not with the salespeople, but with what I got. I think to your point they probably have so many fridges that the residule value is peanuts so as a give away easy to do.
That's an awesome deal - no free services and no extended warranty over here!

I actually like the idea of a big coolbox that was built for the van
You won’t when it arrives.

There are two distinct types of refrigeration process: thermoelectric and compressor.

Thermoelectric is cheap, power hungry and will chill to x degrees below ambient temperature.

Compressor is expensive, power lean and will chill to a set temperature.

It is a compressor fridge that you will want for your Beach.

Dometic do a good range.

You won’t when it arrives.

There are two distinct types of refrigeration process: thermoelectric and compressor.

Thermoelectric is cheap, power hungry and will chill to x degrees below ambient temperature.

Compressor is expensive, power lean and will chill to a set temperature.

It is a compressor fridge that you will want for your Beach.

Dometic do a good range.
So you recommend completely replace the fridge with one of these. Expensive but if it’s saving on power and keeps it cool then looks like VFM.

Hi Everyone

Just ordered a Beach 6.1 with high specification. Really liked the new version, with 3 seater bench.
Do you realise looking at the spec you've loaded up in the other thread that you havn't ordered a 3 seater bench? you've ordered a 2 seater with an additional single middle row seat.

Do you realise looking at the spec you've loaded up in the other thread that you havn't ordered a 3 seater bench? you've ordered a 2 seater with an additional single middle row seat.
Do you realise looking at the spec you've loaded up in the other thread that you havn't ordered a 3 seater bench? you've ordered a 2 seater with an additional single middle row seat
This is what’s on the invoice order ZV3 - 3 Seat Bench Reclining Mchnsm Multi-Flex

Back