Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Auxiliary (Parking) Heater Programmer

jamesC

jamesC

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Maybe I am missing something, but, the Beach Auxiliary Heater Controls have the apparent ability to set 3 different heating programmes.

Unfortunately each time I create a new programme, this switches the previously set programme to off.

All I want to do is set one timer for an hour in the evening, and a second for the following morning.

Anybody else found the same issue or am I missing something obvious??

Thanks

James

Just a little bump on this post... Any thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is an SE but with mine I can set as many programmes as I wish. I currently have it going on at four different times through the night, each time for half an hour, just to keep frost away.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful

Just got my Beach and cannot fathom the controls at all.

The dealer expert clearly had no idea either!

A total mystery and the instructions are hopeless

James

We haven't tried setting programmes yet - but just a suggestion - why don't you just use the remote. That way you can turn on just in time and mores to the point off when it gets too damn hot!

I'm also suffering this mistery. Any help is welcome. My Cali Beach is 2015 (one month old).

Spanish spec has no remote control, but even if it had, I'd like to set 3 times to automatically star/stop with no need to be awaken.

I think this is clearly a bug, now I am hearing about others with the same issue I think I will contact VW

Pretty sure that you cannot set multiple timed programmes on the Beach heater - at least we haven't found a way of doing it yet. We just leave it on level 1 or 2 all night if it's cold - it uses v little fuel and you get used to the clicks it makes. Alternative is to set heater on timer to go off at night and then someone doing the cold 'sprint' to switch it on again in the morning (unless you payed extra for the remote!)

Pretty sure that you cannot set multiple timed programmes on the Beach heater - at least we haven't found a way of doing it yet. We just leave it on level 1 or 2 all night if it's cold - it uses v little fuel and you get used to the clicks it makes. Alternative is to set heater on timer to go off at night and then someone doing the cold 'sprint' to switch it on again in the morning (unless you payed extra for the remote!)
I think the point is that the heater is programmable and has 3 timers, but they do not function correctly.... But nobody seems to care!

If our electric windows did not work, I'm pretty sure we'd be up in arms :)

I've also post this question in a Spanish forum and it's the same, there are people which have the same problem and nobody got set 3 timers.

One of them stated that it's not possible to executebthe 3 programs in a row, but only one is active.

It's a little difficult to me believe you cannot run all the programs in a row and have to wake up to start it manually. It cannot no be that tatty.

I don't see a timer option on mine, just the ability to set it for 10,20, 30 mins etc but I do have the remote, will double check later and post back.

Ian

If georgiegirl is rigth... maybe we can replace the tatty controller for some one that allow us more control.... not sure about that and whether it worth.

Could the Cali SE controller be fitted in a Beach?

Has anyone ever seen that the Beach has 3 timers or is someone assuming that because the SE has one then the Beach must be the same? If it's the latter then probably a dangerous assumption to make - the control panel is far less sophisticated than what is in the SE!

With the Beach controller you can set up to three programs. I'm (and more people are) assuming it's possible to set the three programs to be triggered the same night at different times.

The user guide is not quite clear about that, and it's easy to assume you can do it.

Hi Georgiegirl, could you please post a photo of your heater as I think it must be different to the one in mine.

Thanks Steve.

Not ignoring you - was out all day yesterday. Will post a pic ASAP

This weekend is my first one in a campsite in my Cali, and I've found (I think) that I don't actually need set three programs.

Last nigth, rigth before go to the bed, I've turned on manually the heater for infinite time and a proper level (in my case level 2), and I've realized the heater stops and start automatically when needed. Is like when you set the level you were actually setting a temperature.... looks like it works as a thermostate.

It a pity you cannot set a temperature rather than a level, but at least I can sleep all tge night round warm

Officially confirmed by VW Customer Services Spain: you can configure up to three timed programmes, but only one can be active at the same time.

Last edited:
Thought id resurrect this old thread for those struggling with the Beach aux heater control / timer. The first point is that the Beach heater control is different to the SE / Ocean - it looks and operates differently. It does have three timer settings but only one can be set at a time. It is too easy to set the timer by mistake, but if you ensure the infinity symbol is lit in the corner, it will stay on all night at the chosen setting - overridden by the internal thermostat -

Are we talking about the parking heater or the auxiliary heater this thread seems a little confused. The auxiliary heater is a Thermotop C which warms the coolant when the temp is 5c or below or can with a remote be used to run the heater for a short time (30 mins I believe) to pre warm the van.

The parking heater is a full on parking heater and doesn't have the same restriction and heats the air rather than the coolant.

Are we talking about the parking heater or the auxiliary heater this thread seems a little confused. The auxiliary heater is a Thermotop C which warms the coolant when the temp is 5c or below or can with a remote be used to run the heater for a short time (30 mins I believe) to pre warm the van.

The parking heater is a full on parking heater and doesn't have the same restriction and heats the air rather than the coolant.
The air

Back