Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beach Brake Pads

Dave Omni

Dave Omni

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have a 2016 California Beach 150 hp. Six speed manual which has done 7,500 Miles. I am extremely happy with it but although the brakes are good they are not in the same league as my 2016 Passat Estate. I know that the Beach weighs a lot more than the Passat but as the brake discs are the same size (300mm) could anyone suggest a set of brake pads that would improve the performance.

Try PAGID 'fast road' . I used to use these on my vw sports cars and would highly recommend.
Im sure they will make them for the VW van range, they made them for every other car.
They can be found if you google search for them relativity easy.
Hope this helps

Basically you have a choice between semi-metallic, which is probably what's on there from factory, or ceramic. There are a couple of others, but these are the most common for typical use. Ceramic is reputedly the best, though you'll probably struggle to find any real proof of increased performance. The big benefit of them seems to be far less dust, less noise and long life. I've used ATE ceramic pads in the past, though not on a T6. They worked fine with very little dust as advertised, but even ATE themselves make no claim of increased braking performance as such.

As van is nearly near twice the weight of the Passat and running on the same diameter rotor, you'll need a more complicated mod than changing pads to bring it's braking characteristics even close to how the Passat feels. Either increase the brake pressure or increase the size of the rotor.

also = as above, i think the 204s carry larger calipers so this may improve braking force - unsure about the disk (rotor) sizes but i'm assuming they will be bigger but if you do change them make sure that your alloy wheels still fit! I made this mistake once :headbang

I’ve a 150PS Beach MY17 build. There was an option, to upgrade to “17” braking.”

I had ticked the box, but was then told it was no longer available, as now standard on MY17.

I’ve a 150PS Beach MY17 build. There was an option, to upgrade to “17” braking.”

In the current configurator the Beach is still fitted with with 16" clayton alloy wheels as standard, these will not fit if the 17" brakes are fitted

Back