Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear brake disk size and Black Diamond brake pads.

JimJ

JimJ

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, Can anyone tell me the rear brake disk size for a 130PS 2009 Cali SE? It's just FWD, not the 4-Motion.

I understand it should be either 294mm or 314mm. Reason is i want to try Black Diamond brake pads on my van, as I'm frustrated at the amount of dust off the OE ones.

Anyone tried these? I've had them on my daily driver and they've been spot on.

Cheers....

Hi, Can anyone tell me the rear brake disk size for a 130PS 2009 Cali SE? It's just FWD, not the 4-Motion.

I understand it should be either 294mm or 314mm. Reason is i want to try Black Diamond brake pads on my van, as I'm frustrated at the amount of dust off the OE ones.

Anyone tried these? I've had them on my daily driver and they've been spot on.

Cheers....
http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/car-brakes

Put in your Reg Number and select Brakes and it gives you all the details, size etc:.

Those measurements you gave relate to the Brake Disc Diameter.

308mm - Front 294mm - Rear

Tried this and it lists both 294mm and 314mm. The Black Diamond pads are different depending on disc size. I'll whip a wheel off and measure it.

Cheers anyway.

Their web site says Max Power comic loved them. !!

Joking apart, I've used them on my MGF for 6 years, which is my daily driver and even with two track days they are still the original set I fitted. We'll have to see, as I'm not happy with the VW ones.

What's the D.O.T. coding on those ?

Does an MGF produce enough speed to require brakes?

Last edited:
sidepod, you need to try an MGF! A much underrated. Amazing fun to drive on the back roads and race track.

Back